• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Loaded media not showing up on TV list

mblakely

Please let me know if anyone may now how to correct this issue.

I loaded 6 Blu-ray dics into my K-Vault. I can see them on the online interface but they are not showing up on the TV list to access.
I have rebooted everything and still they do not show up.

Please let me know if anyone has some input

Thank you
Mike B.

More info;

These are the first Blu-ray discs I have added to my collection. The rest of my collection are DVD's. Is there some reason the system would not show Blu-ray media

It is a k-server 3U but I was advised by my AV guy that adding the vault would allow me to store and play Blu-Ray media
Is that not correct?

Yes, the 3U would work. In the browser interface for the 3U and Disc Vaults tab, what does it say is the status is of the BRs you loaded?

John

Is it a dv700 vault or m700 vault. Either would let you load Blu-ray content, but only the M700 or an M series player on your system could play it back.

I'm guessing you do not have a M class player.

Kevin D.

is there any way to play blu-ray on my system. What is the point of the DV700 to allow load but not play.

is there any way to play blu-ray on my system. What is the point of the DV700 to allow load but not play.
There is unfortunately no way with a DV700 with your system. You need to add an M-Class player(M300 or M500 or M700 vault), the M700 vault adds an integrated M-Class player and an HDMI output that the DV700 doesn’t have.

OK gotcha, I need the M500 player to play the vaulted blu-ray media.
Hi Mike,
I don't think you really need the M500 with disk loading capability, the DV700 is your disk loading unit.
You only need the M300 for the playback. It might be cheaper.
Chris

Sounds like the problem is not having an M-class player, but it would also exclude the titles if for some reason the display didn't report compatibility.

Back