• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Lip Sync Issues - From Paris With Love

steelman1991

Hi folks

Anyone who has the above title experiencing lip sync problems with the title (running at 23.976). I am particularly susceptible to things like this and notice it throughout the film. I have contacted support who have replied along the lines that the "audio sync looks fine, although not the tightest". Curious if others are seeing similar. I can completely eradicte the problem by "minimizing the display mode changes" and running at 60Hz in conjunction with "inverse telecine" on my JVC projector. However this brings with it some "smearing" artefacts which I would rather not have to deal with.

Another title I watched just yesterday exhibited even worse lip sync - “Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary”. Could anyone who has either title, please have a look and let me know what they see.

Thanks

Derek

I just tried both titles, on multiple setups:

Strato > Trinnov Alt 32 > Sony 5000 PJ: No noticeable issues with either title.
Strato > Marantz 8805 > Sony 5000 PJ: No noticeable issues with either title.
Strato > Sony 85" 8K TV: No noticeable issues with either title.

M700 > Trinnov >Sony 5000 PJ: No noticeable issues with LM concert, (FPWL not currently installed on Premiere).
M700 > Sony 85" 8K and 4K displays: No noticeable issues with LM concert, (FPWL same as above).

Have not adjusted lip sync in any of the components.

Jim

Thanks Jim - I was afraid that might be the answer I would get.

My set-up is

Strato > Trinnov > Lumagen > JVC N7

Gonna have to play around some and see if I can't resolve. I see you can break-out the audio direct from the Strato. might try that and see if it brings any success.

To be a total pedant - how did you test on the second set-up without a processor/AVR in the chain - presume with that routing there would be no sound. I always used a scene with Darth Vader in it to test mine in the past :)

Derek

To be a total pedant - how did you test on the second set-up without a processor/AVR in the chain - presume with that routing there would be no sound. I always used a scene with Darth Vader in it to test mine in the past :)

Derek

Sorry about that, got interrupted and continued the typing without proof-reading! I moved the Strato audio through a Marantz 8805 I use for the kids media room, located in the same rack. (I just corrected it above.)

Jim

Sorry about that, got interrupted and continued the typing without proof-reading! I moved the Strato audio through a Marantz 8805 I use for the kids media room, located in the same rack. (I just corrected it above.)

Jim

thanks Jim I knew there would be something in the chain.

Appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are good scenes (in K content) to test audio sync? I am using some video delay in my Lumagen to get things correct. Seems strange, but maybe because my calibrator used the game mode on my Sony 995 for calibration which has like a 27ms lag for 4K content. Thanks. SJ

Back