• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Linking 2 Cinema One's

Diskreet

So I have almost filled my Cinema One, and am looking to get another.

I have a couple questions, from what I can gather, both setup with a wired setup, should be able to share the content between the two ? And thus both be able to play the entire shared collection.

So if one is almost full, or eventually full, does that mean I need to copy discs through the second new Cinema One ? Or if copied through the original Cinema One, be passed to the Cinema One with the available storage ?

Also, as an example, I have 500 disc's stored on Cinema One "A", and 500 disc's stored on Cinema One "B", and I take Cinema One "B" to my parents house for the week, would I still be able to play and have access to the media stored on the "B" Cinema One ?

Or by linking the two together, then removing one, disrupt the link and make the second player inoperable without the first original player ?

Im just thinking out loud here, any comments welcome.

Many Thanks.

We have not sold anyone a second unit yet, I'm getting close myself and the current discount on a second is really tempting. If it works like the premier line like I think it would, linked players would allow imports from either player and would have access to both servers.

Unlinking them should restrict access to only the content stored on that unit, but you cannot choose what content is stored on which. I would imagine if you wanted to isolate certain movies to certain servers, you could unlink them, load individually, then link them back together.

Kevin D.

I have two C1s, so I can make a few comments.

If you have two linked, it shows up as one big library and it's completely transparent as to which movie is on which C1. Also, they have to be wired. Linking two C1s is not supported through wifi.

I don't import movies through the C1 itself, so I'm not 100% sure, but it should have no problem ripping from one to the other. With the disc vault, it seems to import to the player with the most free space, so I would expect the same to happen if importing through the players.

It's not possible to control or see which movies are on which player, that is all handled behind the scenes automatically. The only way to know which movie is on which player is to unhook the network cable. If the cable is unhooked, the player will only show content from itself. You could probably play games with unhooking network cables to control which movie ends up on which player, but I'm not sure how well that would work since it wasn't designed with that in mind.

They seem to work just fine unhooked from the network, so I see no reason that you couldn't take just one with you to someone else's house. I wouldn't recommend unlinking them because that might cause trouble with how kscape tracks them on your account.

Can you add a C1 if you have a 3U server, and see all movies as one unit?
thanks
J

If it is the original C1, then "Yes," you can add that to your 3U system. If it is the new C1, then "No," these new C1's do not link with a Premiere (5U, 3U, 1U) Server.

Jim

Back