• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Less than 24hours until mine arrives! What should my first movie download be?

Rengozu

Curious to hear random recommendations. I do already have lots of 4K UHD discs, so I'm not in a hurry to re-buy something like Spiderman Far From Home, so what's something that screams must have first purchase for the Kaleidescape? Maybe something like Edge of Tomorrow because it doesn't have a UHD disc release? Lord of the Rings (all of them) sure is tempting with the sale going on now and I'm kind of pumped to sit through it all without changing any discs. Or maybe I'll get sucked into the concert selection. . .
Throw something at me!

What was the first thing you ever downloaded on your system from the Kaleidescape online store era?

I would browse the sales section. This week the selection is large and very broad. There is usually a new list of titles on sale every Tuesday.

Edge of Tomorrow is indeed a good one. Rollerballs, Event Horizon, Deep Impact Are some of the other exclusives that are great.

Cool thread [mention]Rengozu [/mention]and congrats on your new system… you’re going to love it!

I’ve been around a while getting my first K system in 2007 (a 5U server and a couple k-players). A lot has changed since then and I honestly can’t recall the date when the Store opened, but remember one of the early studios offered extreme sports content. I downloaded a couple ski movies, but recall a mountain biking title called “Life Cycles” that looked and sounded amazing. It is only UHD, but I remember watching a scene called “Grandad’s farm” (or something close) and marveling at the detail that 4K offered. I pull it up now from time to time and still enjoy the watch all these years later.

Regarding more recent titles, there are so many good choices out there… I love “Mad Max: Fury Road” and “Bladerunner 2049”, and you can’t go wrong with “Martian”, “1917”, “Dunkirk”, “The Revenant”, or “Django Unchained”. You’re in for a treat. Enjoy!!

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on your new system, I know you will enjoy!

There are so many recommendations. Edge of Tomorrow was one of my first downloads and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

Depends on what you like, but The Greatest Showman, Dunkirk, Moonfall or No Time to Die are all fun movies to start.

Well Andy just named off most of my favorites. lol

I have most mentioned, but haven't done the new Ghostbusters yet. May be worthy. Just saw the new Batman in the theatre a few weeks back so will probably give it a little more time first.

I do have a full dedicated theatre room with Atmos, so Unbroken and Moonfall will make my watch list of things to check out if they have a good sound mix. Haven't seen either of those yet. Also saw Gravity has the Atmos mix, so I should have no problem grabbing that and selling my coveted disc. :p

Decisions decisions . .

Edge of tomorrow: know that the atmos track strips away (greatly reduced levels) the famous square waves at the start of the movie. I’ve got the Blu-ray downloaded as well for demo sessions. After the opening minute, the 4k is far superior :)

Edge of tomorrow: know that the atmos track strips away (greatly reduced levels) the famous square waves at the start of the movie. I’ve got the Blu-ray downloaded as well for demo sessions. After the opening minute, the 4k is far superior :)

Ugh, so basically like the UHD War of the Worlds release. Stop neutering my Tom Cruise movie bass! :p

Congrats on the new system.
Best piece of (improving the experience) gear in our HT.
Good call on LOTR.

Another good Atmos title is King Kong: Skull Island. I often use the scene "Kong's Warm Welcome" to demo my system.

Gravity has an awesome Atmos soundtrack and looks great for an HD release.

Back