• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

LATEST UPDATE ON K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, everyone!

As a former and hopefully future Kaleidescape employee, I just want to say a personal "Thank you" to each and every one of you for all the efforts you have made -- past, present, and future -- to keep our company alive. I, for one, truly appreciate it.

I hope Kaleidescape can make it on its own going forward without needing C4 money. One of the reasons the Kaleidescape experience is so brilliant for me is the product support. I think the C4 support model, if adopted at K, would be a step backwards from what we're used to.

John,
I hope you go back to work really soon. It is way too early to allow this ship to sink. A few tweaks and Kaleidescape will once more be at the helm of movie servers. I for one, think streaming should become a part of it. Netflix revenue last year was 6.78 billion USD!
imagine what Kaleidescape can do with that much revenue. They can keep the hardware side even if there is only small demand for it. Without a healthy source of revenue same thing may happen again.

from another one with close ties, all of heart and thoughts are to current customers/dealers/distributors, say for myself and others involved we love and appreciate all of you as you do us

brodricj,
C4 purchasing Kaleidescape is news to me. Where did you hear that?

brodricj,
C4 purchasing Kaleidescape is news to me. Where did you hear that?

Jim,

just an idea. I think the two big players in home automation, Control4 and Crestron, would really benefit from having a product like Kaleidescape in their range.

I hope that this is something that Control4 and Crestron will look into.

Discussion from yesterday

I am a Control4 dealer as well and I think C4 may benefit from this transaction and offer streaming music and movies along side Kaleidescape top notch hardware, not to mention all the patents and source codes Kaleidescape owns. Control4 natively offers music streaming from their controllers. Some example are Tidel and Deezer. They will be a super power if they can offer their own music and movie streaming services and also be able to offer high end movie servers to clients who desire the best in audio and video.

I have been following your Posts here. This is my first Post. My Installer had a long Talk with Cheena, and I believe he feels that this is far from over. Jim has posted some good information that tracks with what we were told. Have faith, there are too many of us who care about the convenience, quality and investment we have all made to go quietly into the night.
While I am not technical, I do know enough to know that what K'scape represents has no equal. I have 5 titles pending on their release date that I have already paid for and I expect I will get them, the first two are this friday.
I at least have downloaded all my titles but do worry about support and parts. Although my Cinema one, has worked with no issues for quite some time.
I also have a nice relationship with Cheena and hope to hear something positive when he has something to share.

I expect an announcement soon, not sure of the exact timing, but probably within days, exact details still developing.

Jim

Always optimistic! I've never been a "glass half empty" guy.....:)

Jim

3/4's full.:D

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back