• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Latest KoS Version & Changelog?

New kOS 10.10.0-22321 for the Encore systems. A minor update I guess.

There was a pause in the roll-out to address a minor issue that was found in some rare cases. That's been fixed and things are continuing to roll out. I believe it will be over the next couple of weeks.

Mine still in 10.9 still not get the update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still in the same version last update was on 25 of March

I try to restart my system several time to awake my system hope I get it soon

No complains just always love to be up to date

Found that when my system updated I lose my playback option OSD in my crestron page

Here how it was look before the update

2bfdbd6200c2ea0187b494c7e14bd073.png

And here how it looks now

7d19a7b20c05e62baef8886b0d745608.png

Try to change the settings but nothing change the system works fine but I lose the control i the playback option only works via IOS app

That’s strange. Why would a firmware update change your GUI layout of your control system? Wonder if they also made control system changes but doubt they do too much of that because of the potential impacts in the field. SJ

Generally you'll have different button requirements for browsing the GUI and controlling the player during playback. There's control protocol that will let a system know when the GUI and entering playback.

Looks like Creston is no longer getting the feedback that it entered playback mode.

I made some change in the web setting and get some change but still there is something odd I open a case with K support and will see and I still think it’s there are a way will see and hope every thing get back normal

I made some change in the web interface and get some of the playback option and this for sure happen after the latest FW as I was watching before 2 days from the update and was OK I am sure the the K support will help me

I made some change in the web interface and get some of the playback option and this for sure happen after the latest FW as I was watching before 2 days from the update and was OK I am sure the the K support will help me

kOS 10.10.1-22417 resolve my crestron problem and bring my system to normal

Thank you Kaleidescape for the support

My system was updated to kOS 10.11.0-22557 today. Biggest initial change I noticed, is the movie store is now broken out into it's own tab on the main screen, and there is a search tile underneath the main store tile.

Attachments

• IMG_0011 2.jpeg
    IMG_0011 2.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 45
My systems were just updated to 10.12.0 and 8.8.0. I have a couple of questions on the new abilities that were added

“Played” Collection:
  • Will the played movies only be tracked from now going forward? I am assuming the systems have not been keeping track of this so older titles that have been watched will need to be manually marked.
  • Any plans to add the capability to mark played titles from the OSD in addition to the browser? It would be nice to open a title and check to see if the “Played collection is Checked.
”Scenes” Collection:
  • For me, it is really nice to see only the titles with “custom“ scenes. This is a really nice update.
”Extras” Collection Removed:
  • I never used this collection, so, for me, it is nice to have this removed. We will see if others agree or not.
”Other” additions:
  • Nice to have the OSD Global search! I plan to add the GO_SEARCH command to my control system and see how this is.
  • Network Discoverability - nice to be able to have separate commands for Premiere and Strato/Terra systems.
John

My system was updated to kOS 10.11.0-22557 today. Biggest initial change I noticed, is the movie store is now broken out into it's own tab on the main screen, and there is a search tile underneath the main store tile.

I like that change.

“Played” Collection:
  • Will the played movies only be tracked from now going forward? I am assuming the systems have not been keeping track of this so older titles that have been watched will need to be manually marked.
This is correct. Only content watched *after* upgrading to 10.12.0/8.8.0 will be automatically moved into the "Played" collection. If you want to clean out your "New" collection, you can select and move the titles singly or in bulk via the browser interface.
  • Any plans to add the capability to mark played titles from the OSD in addition to the browser? It would be nice to open a title and check to see if the “Played collection is Checked.
Moving content between "New" and "Played" via the OSD is currently under review. I can't provide any meaningful guidance on when or if that feature will make it into a kOS release.

I’d give my left arm to be able to see all my movies regardless of download state (greyed out or whatever) and ideally my blu-rays too but definitely the stored owned stuff, I can’t keep track myself let alone expect other users to “know” and jump between web interface and screen. Please, please, pretty please… :) (I know this is posted in the enhancement requests page too but don’t ask don’t get…!)

Back