• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Latest KoS Version & Changelog?

Love It! Also, nice that it has the warning about losing my “Favorite Scenes” when updating. Thanks Mike!

John

Mike this is really great thank you very much! It works and can now send the updates to all of my systems. No longer need to manually launch a download of my whole library every few months... I now hope to soon see all my NBC & Fox 4K movies popping up as updates with a lossless soundtrack!

Thanks again,

Kostas

After K add the upgrade features I want to thank u in personal Kostas for ur help every time and keep us updated always so THANK YOU a lot

And thx to K-scape for there great support and truly it’s the time for NBC & FOX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, great job.

Already downloading all my updates, just glad I have no data capacity limits from my ISP :cool:

Just checked and we can apply the filters as well, i.e. using the Dolby Atmos filter it shows only the movies with added Atmos soundtrack. Many HD versions have been updated(1917, Knives out, Midway etc etc). No Atmos soundtrack update for any of my 4K movies in my library(close to 650).

Using the "UHD or better" filter it shows the movies that have an update in their UHD/HDR version only. Just one for me(a newly added DTS HD 7.1 soundtrack), all the other updates concern additions/changes in the HD versions that I have dowloaded to other systems.

The release of this capability certainly is handy to have ahead of being able to update audio codecs on a wide array of movies.

This is very helpful, especially for large collections (like Kostas!). It's great that you can actually see what updates are available, by resolution, and what is being updated.

Jim

One other limitation to be aware of that Mike didn't mention:

In addition to user-created scenes, movies that are part of scripts will also have to be manually re-added to that script. Once you update a title, any script steps that referred to the original version of that title will be marked as "Script step unavailable".

Thanks John!

Jim

One other limitation to be aware of that Mike didn't mention:

In addition to user-created scenes, movies that are part of scripts will also have to be manually re-added to that script. Once you update a title, any script steps that referred to the original version of that title will be marked as "Script step unavailable".

Does this mean that when I update a movie and then try to reload scenes from the file that has the scenes from the original version that the scenes won’t load as it won’t recognize it as the same movie? Will I have to re-Mark these scenes?

John

Does this mean that when I update a movie and then try to reload scenes from the file that has the scenes from the original version that the scenes won’t load as it won’t recognize it as the same movie? Will I have to re-Mark these scenes?

Unfortunately yes. It's a limitation to the way play item bookmarks are created.

Following up on the question of "Audio and video improvements" -- to be honest, it's a bit of a catch-all. We're working adding some additional granularity so that we may be able to give clearer messaging about exactly what has changed. For now, it essentially means that we re-transcoded the movie for some reason not covered by the other messages. Usually this is to improve the quality of transcoding, but could also include things like improving synchronization of subtitles, for example.

Thanks Mike! Stay safe out there!

Jim

Thanks, Jim! We're doing our best. Personally, I'm hard at work on the mobile app, which happens to be particularly well suited to doing from home. :)

Sounds good Buddy!!

Following up on the question of "Audio and video improvements" -- to be honest, it's a bit of a catch-all. We're working adding some additional granularity so that we may be able to give clearer messaging about exactly what has changed. For now, it essentially means that we re-transcoded the movie for some reason not covered by the other messages. Usually this is to improve the quality of transcoding, but could also include things like improving synchronization of subtitles, for example.

Thanks Mike. That's what I thought, but nice to get clarity. Another super addition to the K system. Hope all staff, users and their families stay safe.

Thanks, Jim! We're doing our best. Personally, I'm hard at work on the mobile app, which happens to be particularly well suited to doing from home. :)

All the best and be safe Mike hope u consider multiple purchase from the app as the online will be helpful most of my use is in the app and hope this happen ..with a great thx for all the effort done great work great app great company and people

Hi Ahmad -- just so I'm sure what you're saying, do you mean that you'd like a feature in the mobile app similar to the "Buy All" button on the web interface? Thanks!

Hi Ahmad -- just so I'm sure what you're saying, do you mean that you'd like a feature in the mobile app similar to the "Buy All" button on the web interface? Thanks!

Yes Mike so i can click on the titles i want and buy at once that’s why when i want to buy more than one go to web store page

Second, on Alto and Strato, we've done some work on better integrating movie details pages when you have multiple different versions of a movie on your system. Previously, things like extras might be broken up into groups, showing what was on the HD download, what was on the SD download, etc. Now they are all shown together. The "Other Versions" item, which used to be there to let you get to the details pages of those other versions, has been replaced with a "Play Other Version" menu under the More Options menu, since playing a different version was the main motivation for having access to the other details pages.

Hi Mile,

How do I view the “Details” page for an HD movie from the Strato? For instance, I would like to view scenes that I marked in the HD version in order to copy them over to the HDR version. Right now all I see is the “Play HD version” from the “More Option“ tab.

John

Back