• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Latest KoS Version & Changelog?

There are a number of bug fixes. There are some performance improvements, especially for systems with large numbers of downloaded or cataloged titles.

You've already seen the new Audio Capabilities tool, which we hope will be helpful in troubleshooting audio installations.

We fixed an issue with scripts in cases where you have multiple different quality versions of a movie on the system.

And, something that I know a few forum members will appreciate, we've added the option to keep covers alphabetized to the Strato and Alto players. More on that in this thread.

Great! Thanks for the update Mike!

Jim

New kOS 10.6.1-20055 for the Encore systems & kOS 8.4.4-20019 for the Premiere systems.

Bug fixes Mike?

Yup. A number of fixes to some relatively minor or rare issues. The one that I would think is most likely for somebody to have seen affected 10.x only, and was this:

Fix bug that caused DTS-HD MA not to be sent to Trinnov Altitude 16 (and possibly other receivers) when configured for bitstream passthrough

Yup. A number of fixes to some relatively minor or rare issues. The one that I would think is most likely for somebody to have seen affected 10.x only, and was this:

Fix bug that caused DTS-HD MA not to be sent to Trinnov Altitude 16 (and possibly other receivers) when configured for bitstream passthrough

A fix for another issue that might have been encountered by users here is:
Fix bug that prevented accessing component settings for Terra server and Disc Servers

Fix bug that prevented accessing component settings for Terra server and Disc Servers

Yes, that’s me. Thanks for fixing!

John

Latest KoS Version & Changelog?

That’s sound good when I return back to home as I am travel now I will check these

Edit: i let my wife to check and now I can go to the server settings normally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

just look in the update and it resolve 2 thing i have from 3

First i can access to my terra server setting without any problem ..

Second when I play ATOMS it show in full capability ..

And still when I play DTS X it show it’s not supported in K web interface

Happy for the result and I am sure every thing will be fine

dbe88ba7d1471031e88bdbf73142d119.jpg
99aa27e34442fa15d28a6790cc268bcf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an fyi, this latest update fixed the dts-HD-master issue on my Pioneer elite and Yamaha receivers in two different zones. Thanks again!

Is there any way to force updates? Mine hasn’t updated since February and it seems like there’s been 2 new releases now since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there any way to force updates? Mine hasn’t updated since February and it seems like there’s been 2 new releases now since then.

The system checks in with the head end to see if there is a software upgrade available every time it boots. Even without rebooting, a system should detect, download, and apply a software update after about 4 hours of idle time.

What version of kOS is running on your system now? The GA release of kOS is still 10.5.2-19692 (Encore) or 8.4.3-19405 (Premiere) for most systems. kOS rollouts are done in stages and the 10.6.x rollout has not been completed yet (and has been halted a couple of times due to the discovery of some last minute bugs that required fixing).

My Premiere system updated to 8.4.4-20074 (was 8.4.4-20019).

John

This was to correct a bug that was identified a few days ago. It caused the difficulty playing movie notice for some systems. I had it in my system, we troubleshooted over a 3 day period with Support and engineering was able to identify the issue. They were all over it, located the problem and promptly put what appears to be the fix in place. Excellent service and support from Kaleidescape, as usual!

Jim

Last edited:
Curious what time of system was having this issue? I get that message on occasion, but really not that often to worry... Glad they continue to improve this. SJ

Mine was a 3U system that would periodically reboot while I was watching a movie. When I notified K they were already working on a fix. Hopefully, this update fixes it. So far no issues.....

John

Curious what time of system was having this issue? I get that message on occasion, but really not that often to worry... Glad they continue to improve this. SJ

I first noticed the issue after last update, but the strange thing was that it affected the drive set in only one of my servers, so there must be other factors that cause the problem. I checked all aspects of the network, swapped ethernet connections, changed cables, turned Servers On and Off, swapped drive sets between servers, and was finally able to isolate what we believe is the problem. Whatever engineering did with the software has apparently fixed my problems.

The messages that indicate there is a problem reading the disc/movie are usually related to network problems, or a bad drive in the system, but can also be a bad import/download (this requires deleting the content and re-importing or re-downloading).

Jim

I first noticed the issue after last update, but the strange thing was that it affected the drive set in only one of my servers, so there must be other factors that cause the problem. I checked all aspects of the network, swapped ethernet connections, changed cables, turned Servers On and Off, swapped drive sets between servers, and was finally able to isolate what we believe is the problem. Whatever engineering did with the software has apparently fixed my problems.

The messages that indicate there is a problem reading the disc/movie are usually related to network problems, or a bad drive in the system, but can also be a bad import/download (this requires deleting the content and re-importing or re-downloading).

Jim

I guess I have a different (or related) issue in that my server would randomly reboot. I than get the message once everything reboots. It started happening after the kOS update prior.

John

Back