• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Last used filter in app

superpoppa

Would be helpful when filter and sorting in the app to save the last used one. For example I like to sort by title rather than availability date. But it always defaults to that.

The app does remember your last sort. It doesn't remember your last filter because that would be potentially confusing.

I don't believe we save the sort persistently to the device storage, so if you quit the app that state will be lost, but as long as you just switch to some other app it should stick around.

The app does remember your last sort. It doesn't remember your last filter because that would be potentially confusing.

I don't believe we save the sort persistently to the device storage, so if you quit the app that state will be lost, but as long as you just switch to some other app it should stick around.

Thanks Mike for the response! Your point about filtering makes complete sense. I was more focused on sort.

I tested it out, went to my downloads, sorted by title, navigated to the movie store, navigated to wish list and sorted that by title, went back to downloads and it was not sorted by title anymore.

Ahhh, okay, sorry. Those views under the More menu are actually treated specially, because we believed that people would be more likely to apply sorts to them that they didn't really want to carry out into their store browsing. This is especially true for downloads, which always loads sorted chronologically, most recent first, since it's where you can see if the movies you just bought have downloaded. The wishlist also loads in that most-recent-first order for similar reasons.

The sort order is saved across all of the regular browse views and Search results.

Ahhh, okay, sorry. Those views under the More menu are actually treated specially, because we believed that people would be more likely to apply sorts to them that they didn't really want to carry out into their store browsing. This is especially true for downloads, which always loads sorted chronologically, most recent first, since it's where you can see if the movies you just bought have downloaded. The wishlist also loads in that most-recent-first order for similar reasons.

The sort order is saved across all of the regular browse views and Search results.

Appreciate hearing the logic behind it. Thank you!

Back