• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kvault-10 eject disc?

cwcolins

4 discs in my Vault-10 failed to rip and say "awaiting ejection" How do I eject those discs? The discs that successfully ripped I can select the checkbox and choose eject disc, but I can't find anything that tells me how to eject the discs not loaded.

Push the “OK” button on the front of the vault and it should start ejecting just those discs that need to be ejected.

John

Edit: I just noticed this is the old initial Modular Disc Vault so ignore my above comment. I will try to look this up.

Last edited:
On the browser interface for your system, at the top of the "Vaults" page should be a button labeled "eject waiting discs" which should trigger the ejection of those discs.

I’ll check again when I get home, I remember the browser interface lists discs awaiting ejection but I don’t remember a button to eject them. Thanks for the reply.

I may have hit the button already and the discs failed to eject, at the bottom of the page there is a button labeled "cancel eject" when I clicked on it a pop-up says "None of the ejecting discs can be cancelled."

I'm assuming you already did a hard reset (unplug the Vault), if that's the case and nothing works to either eliminate the message, or eject the discs, then double check that the suspect movies haven't already imported (many years ago I got that message on an old KVAULT-10 (your vault), but before I could eject the offending disc, it imported on it's own. Otherwise, if you can identify the movies, you can open the Vault and physically remove them, but it's a PITA.

Jim

I did unplug the vault, it didn't help. The movies did not import, if opening the vault is the only option that will be a project for another day.
Thanks for helping.
:)

There is a "Sticky" in this forum with the instructions on opening the Vault, should that become necessary. Obviously check with K Support on this as well.

Jim

I unplugged the M500 that the vault was connected, so I could use the power and ethernet to test another unit, when I plugged the M500 back in the KVault-10 automatically ejected the discs that needed to be ejected.
That may be a possible solution if someone needs it in the future.
:)

Back