• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kserver 1500 needed

mblakely

My Kserver 1500 died and I am told there is no more support for this hardware. Does anyone know if there is any hardware repair companies outside of Kaleidescape that can assist. The hard drives appear Ok so this issue is something else in the systems. I have some family movies loaded that don't want to lose them.

Of is anyone knows of a used 1500 available I would be interested in purchasing

Thank you
Michael
310-350-8729

Normal failure (at least from my personal experience) is that it is power supply dies so even if the drives light there may not be enough power coming from the PSU to drive all the hardware. Original PSU's / replacements are rare but I have used an alternative albeit not the most elegant solution but it has been working for a couple of 1Us I have at one of my places for over 6 months and that is one of the mico PSU's and a power brick all from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Box-pic...d=1&keywords=micro+psu&qid=1610211761&sr=8-13

Worth a try for around $100 for the 2 items

Mark,

Thank you for the input. I sent the hardware to my AV person and he said he tested to power supply. Please see thread below.
I really dont think it is the power supply because it stopped working after I replaced the DVD drive. I have the main system and one player and they stopped communicating.

Would you be able to take a look at it or know of a used system that can use the drives from my 1500
Andrew,

I have a client who's kserver 1500 has died. I have done the standard power supply swap and no luck.

664B - Blakely

How much would a replacement cost? Do we trade in existing?

Regards,

My Kserver 1500 died and I am told there is no more support for this hardware. Does anyone know if there is any hardware repair companies outside of Kaleidescape that can assist. The hard drives appear Ok so this issue is something else in the systems. I have some family movies loaded that don't want to lose them.

Of is anyone knows of a used 1500 available I would be interested in purchasing

Thank you
Michael
310-350-8729
Michael,
I don't know if you are aware, but you can insert your 1U HDD set into an empty 3U Server (No HDD's) and they will function perfectly. The only thing you might want to do is add a "Hot Spare" disk as a backup in case of a HDD failure.
Just a thought.
The prices have come way down and there would be a lot of room for expansion.
The power supplies seem to be a bit more hardy as well, in my opinion.
Chris

Last edited:
I hope it's okay for me to share this link here,
Here's one on Ebay today ending in about 19 hours.
Not one I'm selling but it looks like it works.

Chris

Last edited:
Of course, it's not a problem to post links to eBay.

Jim

Back