• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kscape and Conductor lose album data

AnOutsider

What the heck?! All of a sudden, a large amount of music has turned into "unknown". I was listening to the Black Eyed Peas this morning, and when I got home I hit resume in itunes and it continued the track, but then it said "Unknown". I go through my library and a shocking number of albums are coming up the same way.

I go into my import log, and the albums are the same. What the heck is going on here? How can it just UNRECOGNIZE albums? This is a big downside to being "always connected" to kscape. Anyone else have this problem?!?

Just curious, did you receive the latest software version? (I just posted in another thread, it is version 3.7.3-7092).

Jim

Same issue here. Still on 3.7.2. About 40 albums or so have gone "unknown" for me. One of the music databases may be down. No impact on movies. One of the albums that I can specifically identify is Pearl Jam - Live at the Gorge. Have not played through the other unknowns at this point. Looking back at my import log, which goes back to July 2007, the "unknown" issue spans from them to present on various albums. The issue is not server specific for me and cuts across both servers.

I'm sure others will see this issue and report it as well.

Jay

Your System upgraded to software version 3.7.2-6954 on June 8.

No 3.7.3 here. Why is it even updating data for already-recognized albums?

On a side note, I think you should be able to lock certain items. I put in an album that it didn't recognize, added artwork etc. Months down the line I guess someone sent it in to them with different artwork and a slightly different tracklist. Recorrected it twice before I just gave up (it kept reverting back to K's version).

Whose system is it anyway?

I'd hope their tech staff reads this thread but if not perhaps you should contact them about this. Very worrying- I haven't had any issues - or I am not aware of any...

Same thing happened to me...spoke to Kaleidescape about it a few days ago and they are working on it...hopefully a fix early week.

Ditto here - no problem when I first read the thread...but today - about 20% unrecognized...not all of them, just certain ones.

I'll report it as well, even though it seems like most of you have already.

Like you all, I am experiencing the same issue. I spoke to a Kaleidescape support rep and he mentioned that the fix exists now and it will be distributed to systems over the next few days. He was non-commital about an exact date/time (understandably), but said it shouldn't be more than a week away.

Lastly, he mentioned not to delete or edit any of these mysterious albums missing formerly available information as this problem will be self repairing.

I hope this helps.

Mee Too!

Hi,

WOW!!! I'm relieved that I saw this post. I have had the same issue, and it has been driving me crazy. I just upgraded from a mini system to a 3U, and I've been thinking that it was related to that. While I don't like that it has happened (and wonder why), I'm relieved that it is a known issue.

The CD that I first identified as unknown now was a Kanye West CD.

Thanks, Steven

Glad that helped. Here is an official message that I received from a very kind senior exec with some more detail on what not to do:

You recently reported a problem with missing music metadata from your Kaleidescape System. We have determined that we sent out an incorrect update that resulted in the removal of this information from a number of systems. We have found and fixed the source of the problem, and the correct metadata will be distributed within the week.

This problem will be corrected without the need for you to take any action. None of the content has been lost, and the missing music metadata will simply reappear without your having to reload any albums. Until the missing metadata is restored, please do not empty the trash can and do not import any new content (DVDs or CDs). Doing so could cause user-entered metadata for the affected albums to be deleted from your system.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this situation has caused, and we thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact us at support@kaleidescape.com.

I confirm the same issues. Thank you for posting K's response. They really do a terrific job.

Back