• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

KScape 88TB Terra

kmitchell

Hello all,

I am a new owner to Kscape about 6 months. I recently joined the forum. I have been following KS for years (since 2008). In the past I thought the system was too much money, but this past Spring I decided to take the plunge and give KS a try and utilize my home theater which I believe has excellent components. I started out with a Strato and Compact Terra 6TB. I noticed an immediate difference in the quality of KS compared to discs on the majority of movies I watched. We liked it so much we upgraded to the new 88TB (we have a library of 1200 movies; mix of 4K, blu-ray, and a few DVDs). This was installed about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately over the last couple days it has not been working. My dealer responded immediately today to try to get it on line. Long story short KScape will be sending a new 88TB Terra. I know this is a brand new product (just announced I believe late September). Has anyone had any issues with there's? I believe this was just a bad system and hopefully not a fault in the 88TB line.

Thanks,

KMitchell

I've sold a bunch of 88's. Yours is the first I'm aware of that had a problem. (Not saying there aren't others.)

I'm not aware of any problem with the 88TB's.

Jim

Yes, of course, it's a general post, not a private message. If other members have experienced a problem with the Terra 88 I'd expect them to post as well.

Jim

I had a problem with a Terra 72: basically, it would reboot every so often on its own (multiple times an hour) until it finally stopped working. The chassis was replaced by Kaleidescape and the new one's been working great.

Things happen, but Kaleidescape & the dealers stand behind the products.

Thanks, I agree. Thus far my dealer (whom I've used for about 5 years) has been responsive as well as Kaleidescape with their support when contacted by the dealer.

Back