• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

KPLAYER M300-A no picture

denizp

I have a problem with my KPLAYER M300-A. When I start the player i see the Kaleidescape Logo for a few seconds on the screen connected via HDMI but then the screen stays black. The player is running normally and i can configure it via webinterface from my 1U Server. The front light is blue. What can i do?

Sounds like it's in standby. Have you tried sending a power on command with the IR remote or a LEAVE_STANDBY command via control protocol?

If i press standby on the IR remote then the blue LED go off and if i press another time standy the LEDs turn on blue. So i think its not a Standby problem.

I found out something new: The M300 works without any problems with the Composite Output and the Component (Y, Pb, Pr) output. The HDMI output is black on the TV except the Kaleidescape logo at startup for a few seconds. What is the failure?

Have you changed displays or anything else in your HDMI signal chain recently? Try going to the video settings tab for this component and checking the output resolution to ensure it is compatible with your display. Also try disabling 'Deep Color' if it is enabled.

1623873338930.png

Here are my settings: seems ok. What I don‘t understand is that the Kaleidescape logo is shown on startup. If there were a hardware failure the logo wouldn’t be shown.A51721B6-6F82-467E-BD06-6084CE92AFCF.png

Attachments

• 0007981D-24AA-4A34-9BE1-01F3026EECE3.png
    0007981D-24AA-4A34-9BE1-01F3026EECE3.png
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 11
What are you seeing on the video capabilities screen? Is the screen completely blank or does it show a no-input message?

After the Kaleidescape Logo there comes the no-signal message. So first there is an output signal on hdmi and then its lost.

The logo will be seen at startup, before any connecting is done by the player. Try resetting your Video Output selection (change from HDMI to Component, the scroll down and select OK). Then change back to HDMI (and select OK). Not saying this will work, probably a different problem, but given there seems to be an HDMI/Component related issue, I'm curious if that has any affect.

Jim

It was a longshot.....

You should check with K Support, maybe they can see that Player and can advise you more accurately.

Jim

The K logo splash screen outputs at a lower resolution meaning it is more forgiving if there is an interoperability issue where a higher resolution is not supported.

Without more details of your configuration, my guess is either the EDID (reported from your display/AVR/other HDMI components) is reporting that it does not support a higher resolution or a forced resolution is one that at least one HDMI component does not support. If possible, try simplifying your HDMI path to just the player, display, and a KNOWN working HDMI cable. Once you consistently see the picture in this configuration, add back one component at a time until you figure out what is breaking breaks things. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a full working HDMI cable connected directly between the TV and the M300. I tried it with two TVs (Bang & Olufsen BeoVision 11, Samsung TV) and a Lenovo ThinkVision LCD. On the three devices it is always the same. First comes the Kaleidescape Logo and then black screen (no-input).
The Kaleidescape support says: "In that case - the player need to be replaced"

Could it be possible that this IC has a failure?
CM2020-01TR (HDMI Transmitter Port Protection and Interface Device)

IMG_5025.jpg

Back