• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

KPlayer 6000 - Reset factory defaults

20hertz

I recently bought an used KPlayer 6000. When I connected it to my system, I get blue lights, but there is nothing displayed on the screen and when I tried to add it as a component to my system, it did not show up in the Add component section.

I wanted to try resetting the player to factory defaults to see if it works before returning it, but I am not able to find the information for this.

How do we reset the kplayer 6000 to factory defaults, which would hopefully reset the network settings if any as well?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not seeing the master reset, but the important one looks to be "01/1/SET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:0::::::". If you skim the manual you should be able to change anything else out of line or find the status of problem.

If you aren't seeing activity on the network port, this will likely involve diving in via serial.

Thanks for your quick response.

The problem is I do not know the IP address as the player is not showing up in my browser interface nor in the the Add components page.

This is why I wanted to reset my network settings, as I suspect the previous owner may have had static address, which was not changed before they sold this.

All Kaleidescape devices send out a UDP heartbeat on port 440 every second, and in doing so, any server on the network will detect ANY Kaleidescape device regardless of the IP address. To see a list of all Kaleidescape devices on the network, try accessing the lskd.html page ("lskd" stands for "list of Kaleidescape devices").

http://<server_ip_address>/lskd.html

This is a super useful page that loads quick (there is no waiting for the GUI to appear), and displays all relevant network info for each device regardless if there are multiple systems, or if there are orphaned devices that have never been added to a system... the SGID column indicates what components belong to what other components. If the player does not appear on that page, then there is likely another problem (likely it is not properly connected to the network, or it is failing to boot).

If you are confident the player is connected to the network, then observe the player's behavior after plugging it in. The front bezel will illuminate a bright blue when first plugged in, but after about 45 seconds, it will dim to a lighter blue, or it will turn amber if booting successfully. If the front bezel light never changes, then likely the player is not booting. If it dims to a lighter blue, then it is booting with either a DHCP address, or a previously assigned static address. In either case, the player will appear on the lskd.html page, meaning it will also appear on the components page where you can change the IP address to DHCP (or a different static address).

If the front bezel remains a bright blue, then it is failing to boot, and likely has a faulty main board.

I hope this helps!
Andy

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated. It doesn't seem to work. It stays bright blue all the time and the does not show up in the lskd page. I guess it is going back.

Back