• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kill Bill Script

skunk-punk

Hi, I was just wondering if this is a Kaleidescape myth, rumour has it that someone has compiled all the scenes from Kill Bill 1&2 running in chronological order.

I have looked through the threads and cant seem to find any mention of it.

Manny thanks, skunky.

Wow... I haven't heard that, but it's a great idea. Of course a simple script could be created to play both movies in "real" chronological order, which would be fascinating.

Anyone heard of this or tried it? I'm interested too!

Sounds like something we could do for Pulp Fiction too. It needs a Web2.0-type name... "Chronalizing"? "Temporalizing?"

I'm sure purists will hate it, like colorizing old movies, but I'd love to have it as an option.

I hope someone comes up with the scene markers... very cool idea.

--josh

One could do the same with Memento while cutting out the overlap sections of the movie. Of course, that would have disasterous results for the quality of the movie but could really show somebody the importance and effect of good editing.

One could do the same with Memento while cutting out the overlap sections of the movie. Of course, that would have disasterous results for the quality of the movie but could really show somebody the importance and effect of good editing.

My thoughts entirely I very much doubt that Quentin Tarantino would like the idea of someone messing around with the order of scenes. Just thought it would be cool to show others the capability of the system.

Has anyone else noticed the electrical interference click each time a Favorite Scene ends?

Has anyone else noticed the electrical interference click each time a Favorite Scene ends?
Definitely NOT happening for me. My Favorite Scenes end perfectly, and can be strung together with only a few seconds of black screen. No "interference". When not strung together, it simply goes black, then back to the favorite scenes list.

I've got a strong suspicion that you're seeing your display switch display modes, from say 720p to say 1080i or something. Make sure (via your "installer" web interface) that you've set the display output to the SAME video modes for 16x9 and for your Kscape User Interface. That should cure the "interference" you're seeing.

--josh

Back