• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

PROBLEM DISC: Ken Burns - National Parks PBS Special - 6 Disc set.

I'm trying to import the Ken Burns PBS Special : National Parks (6) disc set.

It seems Discs 1 and 6 aren't recognized as part of the set? Disc one's title shows as "<National Parks 1>", Disc 6 Shows as "National Parks 6". I'm outside the USA and can't send the discs back to KScape for them to set placemarks. Is there any way to manually correct this?

The 4 remaining discs appear as "The National Parks: America's Best Idea " (correct information / covers were automatically downloaded.)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Burns-National-Parks-Americas/dp/B002BO2R4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1257655166&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Ken Burns: National Parks - America's Best Idea[/ame]

UPC=0097368944442

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if Movieguide data got corrected for this?

We have processed all six discs in this set. It appears that the two DVDs that are missing bookmarks are from a slightly varied version of the discs. We refer to these as "alternate pressings." The retail packaging for alternate pressings looks the same as the primary pressing, and the UPC codes even match. But the discs inside are different. Even a subtle change, like the addition of a trailer, is an alternate pressing. Because both versions come in the same packaging, we are unable to specify which pressing we will receive and purchase the discs to process at Kaleidescape. The only way we can reliably obtain and process these DVDs is through our loan program.

If it's possible to loan these discs through one of our processing centers, we can process them and resolve the issue. We have processing centers in the US, Sweden, Italy, Switzerland, and the UK. For more information, visit www.kaleidescape.com/loan . Once the alternate discs have been loaned to us for processing, any Kaleidescape system with the disc will be updated without any additional action by the customer.

For faster response, the best thing to do when you encounter discs that are missing bookmarks or other information is to contact us at movieguide-data@kaleidescape.com.

Tom Barnett
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Thanks Tom - Nice to have you post here!

morrisonmorgan: Having loaned discs to the movie-guide team in the past, I can tell you that they handle your discs more carefully than you probably do yourself, they come back to you packaged like delicate works of art! And it's pretty fast too. Of course postage is paid by them both ways as well, so please do loan your discs to Kaleidescape to resolve these issues when they come up. (IF they request it after emailing them first at the address Tom just gave)

--josh

Last edited:
I'll leave this one classified as "Problem Disc" until I hear back that the issue is resolved... hopefully someone will loan Kaleidescape one of the examples of the alternate pressings.

Please let me know if this does get resolved so we can close this out here.

Back