• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

KEAOS v3.5 - Exclusive details!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
K.O.Forums just got permission to disclose the details of the upcoming System 3.5.

I've been beta-testing the system for a few weeks (as have a few other members of the forum). For the first time, Kaleidescape had beta testers agree to confidentiality so we were not able to discuss it here until now. It will be announced soon and Michael Malcolm has agreed to allow me to share information about it here. (THANKS Michael and Kaleidescape team!)

KEAOS version 3.5 is an impressive update in terms of increased functionality, particularly around music integration. It also addresses several much-requested fixes and improvements, many of which have been discussed here.

Here are the official release notes, describing the new features of v3.5. Jim (Cinelife) and I (and any other beta testers who'd like to participate) will be happy to answer any questions.

I'll start a different thread to discuss in detail the biggest feature of this release, the iTunes integration. I'll show screenshots of it in that thread.

Enjoy!
--josh
as always - this software is still in beta: While these features are expected
to be released as described below, there's NO guarantee that they all will
make it into the final version.

Kaleidescape KEAOS v3.5 beta

NEW FEATURES:
User-defined Music Collections
You may be familiar with the Movie Collections feature already present on your Kaleidescape system. In 3.5, we have added a similar feature for Music. To create a collection, access the Music tab of the Web Utility. On the bottom left, adjacent to your Mix Albums is a place holder for Collections. Create a new collection and you can proceed to add Albums and Mix Albums to the collection in the Web Utility. In the OSD, you can add items (Albums, Genres, Artists, Mix Albums, etc) to the collection in the same manner you do movies -- View the details for an item, scroll down to the "Collections->" item and check the box for any collection in which you would like the item to appear.
Kaleidescape Conductor
Kaleidescape conductor is a new Windows-based application that will allow you to select a User-defined Music Collection (or the "All" collection) and it will create MP3 versions of the selected songs on your PC. If you have iTunes, it will automatically add the songs to iTunes. Any changes made to the collection, including metadata and added or removed items, will be quickly synchronized with the content on the PC. To install Conductor, go to the web utility and click on the link for Conductor.
Classical Music Interface
This feature has been in beta for the last couple of software releases, but is being officially launched in 3.5. If you have imported any Classical Music, you will see two new Collections: Classical Composers and Classical Works. We hope that these collections and the new detail information for Composers, Works and Performances will enhance your experience when listening to and exploring your Classical Music Collection.
Improved HDMI Behavior
In the past, if the HDMI connection were interrupted during DVD playback, we would stop playback and present an Error Message in a dialog box. With 3.5 we will simply turn off the HDMI output but continue playback. This will help in situations where a display's HDMI connection is flakey or where you want to switch TV inputs momentarily.
Import and Export of Scripts
You can now export the scripts you've so carefully put together and import them on other systems. Favorite scenes used in scripts are automatically included. To import or export scripts, visit the Scripts tab of the Web Utility
Subtitle Repositioning
For those of you with masking systems or anamorphic lenses, we are now able to ensure that subtitles on movies will appear in the visible frame of the movie. This can be enabled with the "SET_SCREEN_MASK" control system command or through the "Screen Masking" tab in each MoviePlayer's settings window which is accessible in the Installer Web Utility's Components page.
Preset Feedback
Using simple Crestron or AMX Keypads, we can now selectively light the LEDs for keys to better reflect the state of the system. For instance, you could light the 'Preset 1' button whenever 'Preset 1' is playing.

The HDMI issues threads here on the board have been among the most active. Looking forward to hearing if the v3.5 changes fix the problems many of you have been having with your scalers.

The subtitle repositioning is a major issue for anyone with a 2.35 screen- that is a fantastic feature! Well done!

There are some other minor improvements not on the list. I noticed that when you go to movie or music details popup, then scroll down (possibly to add a movie to a collection) you can now hit the left arrow button on your remote to exit out of the menu. Previously you would have to scroll back up, then click on "Return" Try it out, now you just need two quick taps to the left to exit the popup. It's a subtle change but really speeds up navigation I think.

I've also noticed a new onscreen message that pops up when you resume a movie. There's a new message in the upper right corner of the screen saying "Resuming movie. Press 'Play" button to start movie from the beginning" or something like that. Nice feature, especially for guests and novice users who may just hit the play button for a movie and find they're in the middle rather than the beginning as they had expected.

--josh

Import and Export of Scripts

I love the favorite scenes forum here

With the new ability to export a script, I'm looking forward to seeing what some of you cinema buffs have scripted together.
Here is my vote for must have scripts:

Picture Quality Demonstration
A script of fav scenes for evaluating and showing off picture quality. maybe even include fav scenes of certain test patterns from Digital Video Essentials.

Surround Sound Demo script
I love the part in "Snatch" where the guy spins the revolver cylinder and the camera and sound does a 360 degree pan through your speakers and screen. I've been told that the downtown LA shootout in "Heat" is good, what scenes would you add to a script of demo worthy surround sound?
What scenes would you use to demonstrate a monster subwoofer?

Most poorly acted scenes by Ben Affleck and Keanu Reeves
This script would be more of an endurance test, how far into the script can you watch before you want to puke?

Best Nude Scenes
Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Wild Things, Basic Instinct, all the classics in one script!

Music Video script
Do you mix Eminem videos with the Eagles hell freezes over video? Who's the best V.J. on these forums?

Great idea! I'm going to work on one of those... guess which one? :D

Back