• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape's CEO Forum Paticipation

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
To all members:

Although Kaleidescape's CEO (Cheena Srinivasan) will be taking the time to comment on Kaleidescape products and services from time to time, please do not expect him to respond to direct questions. His daily schedule, as to be expected, is very busy, and although he has expressed to me his personal desire to help with the information flow regarding Kaleidescape's products and services, he obviously has a limited amount of time, so do not be offended if a member comment goes unanswered.

Personally, I appreciate his participation on any level.

Jim

Well said, Jim. I just want to add a reminder that this forum operates independently of the company. Jim and I run it as a service to the community, and the intent to let members help each other. Any words, advice, or posts from company execs should be considered a nice bonus to us all.

Mike Kobb in particular has been incredibly helpful here, as have others at the company, and we're lucky now to also occasionally hear from Cheena if he's able. But I also implore the group not to expect individual issues and answers from the Kaleidescape execs.

Thanks!

--Josh

Thank you, Jim and Josh. I can't thank you both enough to foster this user group. I've refrained to post because this is an independent site.

My participation here is driven primarily by some members feeling that we don't communicate enough. Without our beloved customers and incredibly passionate dealers who believe in luxury home cinema, we couldn't have enjoyed the success we have had for over a decade.

Secondarily, I'll strive to cure misunderstandings or confusion about our actions or announcements. With limited resources, we can only do a few things well. It's easy for me to jump in on this independent site than to let those concerns or confusions linger.

Lastly, there are so many talented folks here, and I don't expect to chime in too often. Mike Kobb will continue to post and to help bring matters to my attention.

Cheena

Let me just say, your posts on here are very much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time!

It would be really nice if Cheena or someone from Kscape could communicate further on Movies Anywhere, there is rampant speculation most of it negative. This would fall under the "My participation here is driven primarily by some members feeling that we don't communicate enough"

Lon,

We don't comment on rumors, speculation, or concerns, and certainly not in a public forum. I can assure you that we understand your desire for the portability of purchased titles across devices and services. I can also confirm that we're making progress albeit not as fast as you wish, and perhaps not exactly the way you want the problem solved. Please understand that when we can't say something, it is implied that there isn't anything meaningful to share. We love you and thank you for your support.

Cheena

Kaleidescape is glad to inform you that the first updated 4K HDR NBCUniversal title with Dolby TrueHD Atmos support is now available with “Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.” If you already own this title, check your “My Updates.” We are thankful to the NBCUniversal team for their support so that we can now provide you these advanced codecs for their new release titles. As for the updates on other NBCUniversal 4K HDR titles already available from Kaleidescape, we expect to process those as soon as we receive the additional files from NBCUniversal. COVID-19 disruptions make it difficult for us to set any expectations at this time.

Our content operations team has also made significant progress towards the availability of Dolby TrueHD Atmos audio soundtracks for the Twentieth Century Fox 4K HDR titles. We're grateful to the Disney team for their support here. Yes, we have processed one title, which is in review now, and it'll truly impress you. Unfortunately, we’re unable to give you firm dates for the rollout because the momentum here was halted because of the COVID-19 disruptions.

We realize that the 4K HDR titles lacking Dolby TrueHD Atmos soundtracks from these two major studios have upset a number of you and we get it - these are essential attributes for a truly cinematic experience. Our silence has frustrated some of you, but it’s difficult to share anything meaningful until something happens. We'll continue to make progress in this area, and you'll know it when your system automatically downloads the updates for these titles.

Thanks for your passion and support of our brand, as well as your patience with us.

Cheena

Thank you very much Cheena for informing us! Downloading the update now.

Thanks to all the K team for making this happen.

Kostas

Thank you Cheena and the entire K team. This is great to see and even better to get the notification that these are coming for New releases and back filled for prior releases.

GREAT NEWS!

John

Thanks for taking the time Cheena.

Jim

Kaleidescape is glad to inform you that the first updated 4K HDR NBCUniversal title with Dolby TrueHD Atmos support is now available with “Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.” If you already own this title, check your “My Updates.” We are thankful to the NBCUniversal team for their support so that we can now provide you these advanced codecs for their new release titles. As for the updates on other NBCUniversal 4K HDR titles already available from Kaleidescape, we expect to process those as soon as we receive the additional files from NBCUniversal. COVID-19 disruptions make it difficult for us to set any expectations at this time.

Our content operations team has also made significant progress towards the availability of Dolby TrueHD Atmos audio soundtracks for the Twentieth Century Fox 4K HDR titles. We're grateful to the Disney team for their support here. Yes, we have processed one title, which is in review now, and it'll truly impress you. Unfortunately, we’re unable to give you firm dates for the rollout because the momentum here was halted because of the COVID-19 disruptions.

We realize that the 4K HDR titles lacking Dolby TrueHD Atmos soundtracks from these two major studios have upset a number of you and we get it - these are essential attributes for a truly cinematic experience. Our silence has frustrated some of you, but it’s difficult to share anything meaningful until something happens. We'll continue to make progress in this area, and you'll know it when your system automatically downloads the updates for these titles.

Thanks for your passion and support of our brand, as well as your patience with us.

Cheena
Thank you. As someone who just this week purchased a Strato with the hope that immersive audio would be forthcoming for NBC and Fox, the news couldn't come at a better time! Really hope that in the future some kind of digital code/MA support will arrive. Really appreciate you providing the update and context!

Cheena

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuu cheena what a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back