• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Won’t Connect to Network

Just to double-check: Do you mean that the threads are okay, but the Phillips heads are stripped out?

I emailed Kscape support, just waiting for a reply
Did you get a solution from K support of this issue? I bought my system new from K in October and I've had the same issue at least 5 times (recently yesterday morning). "Your system can not connect to Kaleidescape". Each time I have to unplug, wait, then plug it back in. It then connects. This sounds to me like some hardware problem. I called K support and left message but never got a call back. I'm a little worried this will lead to a bigger problem down the line. I wonder if the new update that is being released will help this issue, but I'm not sure if the update is only for the Strato C player and not the terra. I have a terra 6GB.

Did you get a solution from K support of this issue? I bought my system new from K in October and I've had the same issue at least 5 times (recently yesterday morning). "Your system can not connect to Kaleidescape". Each time I have to unplug, wait, then plug it back in. It then connects. This sounds to me like some hardware problem. I called K support and left message but never got a call back. I'm a little worried this will lead to a bigger problem down the line. I wonder if the new update that is being released will help this issue, but I'm not sure if the update is only for the Strato C player and not the terra. I have a terra 6GB.

Yes, my server has to be replaced. It was completely unresponsive to anything, including unplugging. Try emailing them or contact your dealer and they’ll help you through the problem

Yes, my server has to be replaced. It was completely unresponsive to anything, including unplugging. Try emailing them or contact your dealer and they’ll help you through the problem
Thanks for the info. I’ll try emailing them. Maybe they can run some diagnostics on the server.

@leo9000, when did you reach out to K Support? What is your dealer doing to help?

Jim

@leo9000, when did you reach out to K Support? What is your dealer doing to help?

Jim
I reached out by phone in mid-January. The Terra wouldn't connect after unplugging, etc. (it had happened a couple of times since I purchased it, but rebooting it would always get it to connect). I spoke with my dealer at Audio Advice and they were super helpful in getting it up and running again. It was a weekend, and they suggested calling support on Monday. I called K support and left a message, but did not get a response. Since they Terra was working fine until yesterday, I thought maybe the issue had resolved itself. I will send them an email now to see if they can check the Terra to see if there is any issues (this time by unplugging and plugging back in it connected again).

All understood. If that's Audio Advice in NC I hear good things about them, they have an excellent reputation in this industry so I'm sure they will assist you in getting the Terra exchanged if the problem can't be resolved. Your symptoms tend to match the experience several owners reported over the past few months, and those Terra servers were replaced by K. To be clear, you should not have to recycle power to regain a functional Terra, that's not acceptable, and certainly not K's standard when it comes to these systems. Your dealer should start a "Case" on the Extranet to move this forward if they haven't already done so, that's the correct way to get Support involved.

Sorry to hear Support did not respond, it's possible the message was dropped, it's best to get that Case started by the dealer.

Jim

All understood. If that's Audio Advice in NC I hear good things about them, they have an excellent reputation in this industry so I'm sure they will assist you in getting the Terra exchanged if the problem can't be resolved. Your symptoms tend to match the experience several owners reported over the past few months, and those Terra servers were replaced by K. To be clear, you should not have to recycle power to regain a functional Terra, that's not acceptable, and certainly not K's standard when it comes to these systems. Your dealer should start a "Case" on the Extranet to move this forward if they haven't already done so, that's the correct way to get Support involved.

Sorry to hear Support did not respond, it's possible the message was dropped, it's best to get that Case started by the dealer.

Jim
Thanks Jim! This is very helpful. I’ve now sent an email to support at K about the issue, but as you suggest I’ll give Audio Advice a call and see if they can open a case about the issue as well.
- Leo

Thanks Jim! This is very helpful. I’ve now sent an email to support at K about the issue, but as you suggest I’ll give Audio Advice a call and see if they can open a case about the issue as well.
- Leo
A lot of us dealt with this issue with units bought last year due to faulty parts, but they've been good about replacing them when needed and all has been great for me since. Good luck!

Back