• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape UI copycat

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I wonder if Kaleidescape's lawyers will take issue with this forthcoming media center app. Definitely copies Kaleidescape's look and feel.

http://www.cepro.com/article/niveus_adds_movie_gallery_interface_to_aggregate_films/

My personal guess... if it's just a matrix of movie covers you can navigate around, that's probably not going too far. But if those covers shuffle around to bring similar movies together when you hover on one... that will bring a letter from K's lawyers.

You know what they say about imitation. A more blatant copy is Fusion Research, www.fusionrd.com Looks very similar, until you see a working demo of their product, not very polished.

Interesting... it actually looks pretty sleek. Anyone have pricing info/demo videos?

One of our distributors has been pushing us to carry the Fushion product, but the K System still has the best GUI available and the K works as advertised. I've seen three products from K's competitors (including Fushion), and although they all accomplish the task of storing DVD's/CD's, the K is the easiest to use, has the best possible support, and is nearly "bullet-proof" in it's operation.

The other products are less expensive than the K, but not by enough to justify the savings versus functionality of the K, IMO.

Jim

to be honest, that's pretty much the same story I hear from all K supporters when I mention any competitor lol. My K is already on order, so there's no going back, I just like looking at different technologies. I'm not out to destroy anyone's image of K.

Someone mentioned the UI.. is there a video of it anywhere on el web?

Woops, meant demo video for the fusion system. Also, re-read my post and saw it may have come off a bit antagonistic, didn't mean it that way at all. Just wanted to get a lil info.

to be honest, that's pretty much the same story I hear from all K supporters when I mention any competitor lol. My K is already on order, so there's no going back, I just like looking at different technologies. I'm not out to destroy anyone's image of K.

Someone mentioned the UI.. is there a video of it anywhere on el web?

You can't destroy our image of K!:D

Seriously, sorry if my post sounds like "only K can do it right," which was not my intent. There are clearly several options among media servers, all of which accomplish pretty much the same thing in the way of media storage. I, and at least the K owners I speak with regularly, prefer K's look, feel, and functionality, to that of the other systems.

Jim

Kaleidescape- it just works- and its pretty darn slick. The others I am sure can do certain things, etc and I have not followed the market that closely but thats my opinion. Awesome movies Jim.

I was recently talking to a dealer who sells Kaleidescape and used to sell Fusion. He said Fusion was the worst product, worst support and worst company he has ever dealt with. He strongly recommended they get out of this business immediately.

Back