• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

SOLD: Kaleidescape Terra Server 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 40 TB Terra Server for sale that I purchased in 2019. I confirmed with Kaleidescape Support the warranty on the server is good through 6/29/2024. Works perfectly, I just updated to the new 88 TB server and no longer need this one. Asking $7,000, shipped. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
  1. Is this the swappable drive model like the 48TB / 72TB versions or the closed drive model like the 6TB / 12TB versions?
  2. Is this the older version since right now, I do see on 48TB and the 88TB version online?
  3. What are the download speeds on this? Is it about 10mins with Gig speed internet connection like the new terra versions or is it the 45min downloadable versions like the older versions?
  4. Do I need to buy a Strato C player separately? Is this just the server or is it player + server versions like the older strato versions?

Hello,
To answer your questions:
1.) It has drive bays that can be swapped out, but my understanding is that Kalidescape does not support just buying new, larger capacity drives. The ability t swap them out is only in case of warranty repair. This is why I bought a new 88 TB version to replace the 40 TB server I am selling.

2.) This is an older version of the server, but the hardware appears to be identical. Other than capacity, there isnt much of a difference.
3.) I was able to get between 800-1000 mbps download speeds with the server. It is much faster than the strato's that have integrated hard drives.
4.) You will need a Strato player in addition to the Terra server I am selling to be able to play back movies. It's the nature of their product line. As I mentioned above, Kaleidescape used to sell Strato players with integrated hard drives, but have moved away from that. It was probably a smart move to be honest, as they were capped at 12 tb of storage which you can go through pretty quickly and it doesn't make sense to have to upgrade your player when you need more storage.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks for the quick response. Couple more questions. (I am new to both kaleidescape and this forum. Forgive me if the questions are dumb):

1) If the drives fail after warranty? Can they be replaced through kaleidescape for a fee or will they be replaced only under warranty? I am trying to determine if I need to have a higher warranty or it is a moot point. (From my point of view, I am OK if I have the option of getting it repaired and replaced by an Off-chance that the drive fails outside warranty).
2) What is the process for purchasing on this forum? Is paypal transactions accepted so that the purchase is covered by Paypal purchase protection?

Thanks for the quick response. Couple more questions. (I am new to both kaleidescape and this forum. Forgive me if the questions are dumb):

1) If the drives fail after warranty? Can they be replaced through kaleidescape for a fee or will they be replaced only under warranty? I am trying to determine if I need to have a higher warranty or it is a moot point. (From my point of view, I am OK if I have the option of getting it repaired and replaced by an Off-chance that the drive fails outside warranty).
2) What is the process for purchasing on this forum? Is paypal transactions accepted so that the purchase is covered by Paypal purchase protection?

I sent you a PM.

Jim

I am sure Jim (aka cinelife) answered your hardware/warranty questions about Kaleidescape. He is a great person to talk to about all things Kaleidscape and if you decide to buy new I highly recommend him. I bought my 88 TB server from him. As far as payment, that is something we can discuss via PM if you are interested.

Last edited:
you're not buying on this forum... you work out payment directly with the seller. The forum is not a participant in the sale in any way.

you're not buying on this forum... you work out payment directly with the seller. The forum is not a participant in the sale in any way.

Yes, sorry if that wasn't clear in my response. When I suggested PM'ing me it was to determine a means of payment for a personal transaction.

I have a 40 TB Terra Server for sale that I purchased in 2019. I confirmed with Kaleidescape Support the warranty on the server is good through 6/29/2024. Works perfectly, I just updated to the new 88 TB server and no longer need this one. Asking $7,000, shipped. PM me if interested.
Hi
Still have it? Bottom line price? serial number?? Looking to ditch 3 Strarto S's and combine movies

Thx much.

Judd Sartain

Judd, I may want to move up to a higher Terra Server capacity. I have a 40TB Terra Server purchased April 2019. If you are still interested message me with your email. Warranty for more than another year.

Steve Bruzonsky

Judd, I may want to move up to a higher Terra Server capacity. I have a 40TB Terra Server purchased April 2019. If you are still interested message me with your email. Warranty for more than another year.

Steve Bruzonsky
Hi Steve,
I'm interested. What are you asking for it? Also the s/n.. Thx much.

Judd Sartain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back