• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

SOLD: Kaleidescape Terra 40tb Server

Rooster

Selling my 40TB terra server. Mint condition. Warranty until Oct 2025. Looking for $7999 shipped plus any transaction fees

Attachments

• 78A061DF-CC74-420E-9CC5-B01639846F17.jpeg
    78A061DF-CC74-420E-9CC5-B01639846F17.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
  • 6D47E200-8CE7-48A5-A501-4883C477E192.jpeg
    6D47E200-8CE7-48A5-A501-4883C477E192.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Known trustworthy Seller.

Jim

What is the download time for this unit?

Sorry to hijack Rooster's thread for a quick comment, but wanted to state the obvious for anyone new to K, or downloading content. Stated downloading times for the two main Terra models (original and new Prime) are really about "potential." With high ISP speeds (1 gig and above) the average for original Terra is in the 12 minute range, while the new Prime Terra's can be as fast as 4 minutes. Variables affecting those speeds are your actual ISP download capabilities, traffic in the line, size of the content you are downloading, how busy the Store is at that time (I believe but not verified), and possibly the equipment in your chain (Switches). My point being that I wouldn't get too hung up on what some other owner is experiencing regarding download speeds, because what you experience may be very different (up or down).

Jim

Hi Jim,
Thx for the info.
I just measured my rack space and 2u additional on top of a player won't fit.
I need to stay at 1u with the player. Sorry. Good luck with your sale.

Morning Jim,
Tman here , saw the 40Tb server for sale. Can this be used with the strato S 6tb piece purchased several years ago or do you need to purchase the C piece to integrate into the system ?
Thanks for your expertise in this field.

Morning Jim,
Tman here , saw the 40Tb server for sale. Can this be used with the strato S 6tb piece purchased several years ago or do you need to purchase the C piece to integrate into the system ?
Thanks for your expertise in this field.

Hello - I’m not Jim obviously - but yes, this can be connected to a strato S to expand overall system storage

Last edited:
Thanks for answering my question, i saw Jim had commented on your page and thought i was contacting him, my apologies.

Is the 40tb server still for sale?

Thanks

Sorry to all, mostly Rooster!! As noted, I'm not the one selling, I stupidly posted an "educational" comment in HIS listing thread. The 40TB for sale is exactly as described by Rooster, and he's a great guy, and completely trustworthy, so you can buy with confidence.

Jim

Back