• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Store Purchases - No Chapters?

douglasvb

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I love the Convenience, quality, and growing selection from the Kaleidescape store. I'm missing however, the ability to either "Disc Menu", or "Chapter Search" my way to a particular spot in the movie. I have no way of browsing the film. Does anyone else feel this way? I'd like to know if Kaleidescape plans to bookmark these films?

I will have to look into that. I remember one laser disc I had that didn't have any chapter stops and I found out that the director specifically forbade the studio from chapter encoding his movie as he felt the entire film should be watched, not just parts of it. I doubt that is the case here. Perhaps they will be going back through and bookmarking them later, as well as setting favorite scenes.

Movies downloaded from the store have the same chapter stops that the original source material had. If there are no chapters within the movie then the source material didn't have them either.

While the movie is playing, you can jump to specific chapters by pressing "Info" to activate the status overlay, scroll over to the "Navigation" tab and select "Jump to Chapter Number..." (or simply use the Skip Fwd/Skip Bwd buttons on your remote/control system).

Movies downloaded from the store have the same chapter stops that the original source material had.

I understand. I wish the chapters were named, and accessible using a disc menu command. It feels odd, only accessing chapter numbers, without any indication of what the chapters are about..

Most films do not have the chapter stops named. The main time I use chapter stops is to skip the "Previously on..." At the beginning of a serialized TV show and then to skip the embedded intro scene. For example, when I hit play on Dexter, I would jump forward 2 chapters each new episode.

Most films do not have the chapter stops named. The main time I use chapter stops is to skip the "Previously on..." At the beginning of a serialized TV show and then to skip the embedded intro scene. For example, when I hit play on Dexter, I would jump forward 2 chapters each new episode.

dexterepsel.jpg

My point is that every DVD or Blu-ray has a Disc menu. The downloads don't.

What's missing is that menu function. It doesn't really matter to me but I understand what you're getting at.

Back