• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Store Filter requests

o0OBillO0o

The store is is working well for me. However, I request:
  • Sort by price, ascending and descending
  • Filter price values, e.g. under $25
  • Filter by what titles in the store support disc to digital AND the digital upgrade price.
  • Notifications of new additions to filter criteria
  • Filter by UV and Disc to Digtal, not in your library
  • Filter by year, or year range
  • Filter by RT score and or range, not just fresh.
  • Filter by Common Sense score, or range, not just kid safe stuff.

if that is isn't possible spreadsheet export of the entire store as snapshot in time with the values (so that we can used advanced filters of our own)

Thanks for your understanding.

• Sort by price, ascending and descending
  • Filter price values, e.g. under $25
  • Filter by what titles in the store support disc to digital AND the digital upgrade price.
  • Notifications of new additions to filter criteria
  • Filter by year, or year range
  • Filter by RT score and or range, not just fresh.
  • Filter by Common Sense score, or range, not just kid safe stuff.

if that is isn't possible spreadsheet export of the entire store as snapshot in time with the values (so that we can used advanced filters of our own)

Thanks for your understanding.

An interesting note: We used to be able to filter based on price but, as I recall, one or more studio objected to this and this feature was removed.

I like your list.

John

Thanks for the suggestions!

You can see your available Disc to Digital offers today by going to Digital Offers and selecting one of the Disc to Digital filters.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you seeing offers for movies you've already bought? When I do this, I only see disc-to-digital offers for movies I own on disc, but have not purchased from the Movie Store.

select disc to digital.

Now, select unowned.

See? You cannot select both.

I want to see what titles support disc to digital, how much the digital offer is, and are not in my collection.

Last edited:
You can to "UV" and "Unowned" and get all titles with UV rights that you don't own. Is this what you are asking for?

John

No. Gents, I want to see titles that support disc to digital & how much is that digital offer.

Not UV either, some movies aren’t UV but give you digital offers.

These are movies that are in the store and not in my collection.

Look back at my list, we might be mixing two requirements.

One is UV, D2D AND NOT in library

the other is D2D, How much is the D2D offer, AND not in my library.

Look back at my list, we might be mixing two requirements.

One is UV, D2D AND NOT in library

When I re-read all of your posts I think what you want for the above item is to ba able to search for titles that have uv rights available and d2d available but are unowned. Have I got it?

John

That is what I was thinking he was asking also as I had the same wish. I think that films become available on the Movie store and initially sometimes do not offer D to D, but at some unheralded time in the future this is added. I have a lot of discs that I probably would not buy again, but for $5.99 I would add them to K like I did yesterday. I was not in the market for another copy of "Crocodile Dundee" but at $5.99 why not add it to my K? Unfortunately without a general filter to find movies that have D to D that I have not cataloged or K does not know I own there is currently no way I have found other than going back through every disc I own comparing to what is in the store 1 by 1 to discover this. If it is already in my M700 i can find this under "my offers" or "movies I own" screens, otherwise there is no way to discover when the D to D is available so that I may purchase.

That is what I was thinking he was asking also as I had the same wish. I think that films become available on the Movie store and initially sometimes do not offer D to D, but at some unheralded time in the future this is added. I have a lot of discs that I probably would not buy again, but for $5.99 I would add them to K like I did yesterday. I was not in the market for another copy of "Crocodile Dundee" but at $5.99 why not add it to my K? Unfortunately without a general filter to find movies that have D to D that I have not cataloged or K does not know I own there is currently no way I have found other than going back through every disc I own comparing to what is in the store 1 by 1 to discover this. If it is already in my M700 i can find this under "my offers" or "movies I own" screens, otherwise there is no way to discover when the D to D is available so that I may purchase.

Yes. I want to see what discs have digital offers and how much. Theses are movies that I don't own, but would buy the disc in order TO own. Turn all those $1-2 Disc bins into K Store downloads. $2 + $6 HD upgrade might be less than the HD release on the K Store.

The iPhone app is invaluable for this, as you go digging. However, I want a targeted list of titles. If I see Goodfellas on DVD, I can get the UHD upgrade.

Ahhhh. Okay. Thanks, I misunderstood what you were asking for. I thought you were looking for digital offers that you hadn't already purchased, but that you were entitled to because you owned the disc. The digital offers filter by itself does that.

Hi! Follow along with me.

1. Go here: https://store.kaleidescape.com/movie-store/movies
  2. In the filter bar, select "Unowned."

Now, this gives me all the Kaleidescape store movies I do not own.​
  3. Now, select "Disc to Digital"

See what happens? The store switches to my library and shows me what I have on disc that can be converted to digital.​
  4. I want to see what I don't have on disc, that can be converted to digital and how much that digital offer is.

Hope this helps.

I understand. I was just explaining how I had misunderstood your request.

Hi! Follow along with me.

1. Go here: https://store.kaleidescape.com/movie-store/movies
  2. In the filter bar, select "Unowned."

Now, this gives me all the Kaleidescape store movies I do not own.​
  3. Now, select "Disc to Digital"

See what happens? The store switches to my library and shows me what I have on disc that can be converted to digital.​
  4. I want to see what I don't have on disc, that can be converted to digital and how much that digital offer is.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I would really like this filter as well. I was disappointed when I tried to do it for the first time and couldn't.

Back