• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Rentals Coming Soon?

Imprimatur

I just noticed that some titles in the movie store show that they are available to rent. Here, for instance, in this screenshot from the store, The Old Man & the Gun is offered for rental at $7.95.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.31.41 PM.png

However, when you click on it, you can neither rent it nor purchase it.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 7.36.30 PM.png

A premature sign of things soon to come, I would imagine. I assume that the inability to even purchase it is an error due to whatever work is being done to enable rentals.

Antebellum, a current day & date release from lionsgate on other streaming services, is showing rent for $24.99 right now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah seeing a few other films as well. Hopefully this is on the horizon. I think some have hinted something may be coming soon.

Noticed if you click on the price for the titles showing rental, instead of the main poster, it opens a page with more details about the rental, and allows you to purchase. All the ones I've tried it on, say 30 days to start first watch, and 48 hours to watch it once started. Clicking the learn more takes to to the regular Kaleidescape movie store help page, but the rental info hasn't been added there yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-01 122437.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-01 122437.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 39
Howdy folks!

Well, thanks for finding that bug. ;)

But yes, between this and the interview that was posted on HiFi Fanatics, I can confirm that we are beta testing a feature to rent movies.

The feature is in a closed beta right now, and we're working on the feedback we've received from our testers. So, I'm afraid that at this point I can't discuss specific timing for the feature's release or any other additional details. You will definitely hear all about it when the time is right!

Is this in still in development its an awefully long Beta testing period.

I imagine at this point it’s more finalizing contracts with the studios rather than actually beta testing the software capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back