• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Kaleidescape Price and Product Changes

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Due to rising costs, Effective April 1, 2022 the following changes apply:

The Terra 24TB is being discontinued. The Terra 48 and Terra 72 will be the only full sized Terra Servers.

Kaleidescape's handheld Remote Control will no longer be provided with the Strato-C players. It is still available for separate purchase, but as most owner's use a different method of controlling their systems, K has decided it will no longer be provided with the Player.

The Strato-C price is increasing to $3,995. From April 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022 it will remain at $2,995 if it is bundled with one of the Terra Servers, but as an individual Player the price will increase to the $3,995 on April 1, 2022.

Contact your dealer for further details or to place an order before the price increases.

Jim

Bummer on the price change. Adding a higher bar to the minimum cost of entry to the platform.

With a compact Terra 18TB though and bigger individual hard drives certainly coming, I would agree the 24TB 4 drive Terra is too close to justify itself now.

Frankly, I'm surprised this is the only increase considering the higher costs most, if not all, companies in the AV industry have experienced in the past year or two. Chip shortages, shipping delay caused increases, wages, taxes, parts increases, UPS and FedEx and general shipping and delivery increases because of fuel costs, etc., all aspects of business have been hit by higher costs.

K managed to increase only one product for now, and that was actually a $500 increase when you consider it has been on a promo for the past year priced at $3K (it was originally sold at $3500). The Remote control being pulled from the Strato is more a "why waste a component in short supply" than a cost savings measure. Most owners use alternative control's (other systems, the K mobile Remote, etc.) and the included Remote sits in the original box unused. Basically economic waste. Any dealer can easily order the remote if a client needs one, and the cost is negligible (and in my opinion should be supplied at no charge to the owner), so in the end this is a very minor change (IMO).

Yes, the 24TB Terra was in an odd position, most owners either settled on the Compact 18TB, or jumped to the Terra 48 (the most popular), or the 72TB, so there really wasn't a need for the 24TB.

Jim

I never touch the included remotes. I use my C4 NEEOs and apps.

Yeah, the cost of stuff is just so meh. Building a home theater now vs. 12 - 18 months ago would cost so much more across every aspect of a room.

I just went to check actually. I didn't get a remote with my new Strato C. I didn't even realize it in the process of setting up nor in making the YT video.

I was thinking the other day as I watched the video when it went live that I forgot to pull out the remote and show it off. Well, I guess I didn't forget... :)

I never touch the included remotes.
Manufacturer remotes tend to fall into the category of never needing it, until you suddenly need it bad. K-remote came in handy when I took the Terra/Strato projector hunting, but technically any Toshiba/Kenwood coded IR remote could've made do for such basic navigation.

May have been on extended promo, but a 25-33% hike in one go is still a stinger to those sitting on the fence. Hope this one doesn't last much longer than the last time K did a supply-chain hike.

Back