• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape movie list scrolling from numbers to Z?

Onnkar

Hi all,
When I scroll my movie list in kaleidescape its start with movie names that start with numbers then A to Z.
If I want to watch the movie zombieland I have to scroll through all my list to get to Z.
I know I can use the iPad software to spell name of movie i want to watch.
Is there any way to scroll up in K remote control from movies that start with numbers or the letter A to The movies that start with the letter Z?
It seems like a pretty simple function to be able to scroll up or down with a loop.
Does anybody know a way to do this? And if not is this simple addition ever coming to kaleidescape software?
Thanks.:)

What you are looking for is the "Jump" function which is achieved by sending the "KEYBOARD_CHARACTER" control protocol command while on the Movie List, Movie Collections, Music List or Music Collections view. For example,
01/1/KEYBOARD_CHARACTER:g:

Would jump to the first title that begins with the letter 'G'.

This functionality is not supported via IR thus there is no way to do this with the KRemote.

How big is your collection Onnkar? Since the Kaleidescape "Page Down" function repeats very quickly, and the UI seems to have an accelerator function for any held key, my list can get to Zombieland VERY fast, even if I start on the "A" movies. I hold the "Page down" button (not the "line down" button) and it takes only a couple of seconds on my collection which is currently 1200 movies. I guess this would be a problem once you hit 4000 or 5000 movies... but at the level I have, it's not a big issue.

Thats right. The crestron module has the page up/down function also. However, it might be a good suggestion for improvement that K implement the ability to change the sorting (ascending/descending)

Thank you so much, I didn't have the button "page down" programed in my universal remote. That's why it was scrolling so slow.
Thank you.
Still, they should make it possible to scroll up and loop back to other end of movie list.

Back