• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Lost Music Metadata

Glad I found this thread. Had someone over earlier and we were trying to figure out what tracks were on a certain album. I know! I'll fire up kscape! NOPE! A good chunk of my albums are missing. They're there, but no artwork or metadata available as others have reported.

Glad to know K is aware and working on it.

I have the same problem with 570 CD's on my 3U server. I tried calling... they were always great in the past. There seems to be a full-time voicemail box now. I miss my music and am concerned about the prospect of getting things working again. The Kaleidescape system is the electronic entertainment backbone of my home. Is it time to look for a replacement?

As noted, this should be fixed very soon. Regarding K Support, yes, for the near future anyone calling in will get the voicemail box to leave a message. I do not recommend leaving a voice message, those get attended to only after the dealer generated cases, and support emails (in that order). Support is very, very busy currently. If anyone reading this has a problem with any part of their system, they should go through their dealer. The dealer has the ability to generate a support case, and those get first attention. If you do not have a dealer of record, then email is next best, but expect a delayed response. Phoning in to Support is the last option recommended.

Jim

Lost a bunch of data for music

I have a 1U Server, M500 player and M700 DiscVault. Mostly OK (no problem with movies and most music), but overnight I lost data on a whole bunch of music in my 1U Server. A lot of music simply says Unknown Disc, but when I play it, it actually plays the music. I thought one of my disc drive went down, but it may not be.

Seems like there are other people who have similar experience. Is this what other people are also experiencing? Why K-scape is not announcing what is going on?

My dealer went out of business several years ago. I chose them because the owner was a billionaire and this was his pet project. I figured they'd never go out of business. (And they were CEDIA certified.) Oh well. Other local dealers haven't handled systems as intricate. So, I generally call Kaleidescape directly.

I am seeing my music collection starting to 'come back on-line and available to play', a long way to go yet and still many unknown disks but at least the disk counts now match so we are moving forward.

Mike and the team are on the case so I am sure that very soon we will be able to enjoy our music collections again.

Nothing happening for me just yet. I just checked the web interface and still have 151 'unknown' albums.

I'll check during the day.

Same problem here. I've only imported CDs that came with albums, and out of nine, five are now "unknown" even though they were clearly recognized before.

Not aiming at anyone in particular (love all you guys:D), BUT, PLEASE READ K's RESPONSE ABOVE!

THIS IS A KNOWN, HOPEFULLY TEMPORARY, PROBLEM THAT SHOWED UP IN MOST SYSTEMS BECAUSE OF THE RECENT DATACENTER GLITCH. K IS AWARE OF THE PROBLEM AND WORKING TO GET IT CORRECTED. THEY HAVE ALREADY STATED IT MAY TAKE A COUPLE/FEW DAYS TO GET IT FIXED, AND THAT STATEMENT WAS MADE YESTERDAY.

Jim

Just a quick message to say that all my CDs have now come back along with cover art etc.

Great news! I hope you all will be updated soon.

Sorry, Jim. When I visited the thread I only saw that last reply (due to pagination). Shouldn't have chipped in with a "me too". Lesson learned.

Good morning all.

Just a quick update. The new Music Guide database was deployed late yesterday, and it is being picked up by systems as they check in for guide updates. Just under 1/2 of affected systems have downloaded the updated guide so far.

Once a system downloads the new database, it goes through a process of integrating that information with its local database of imported discs. As that process completes, as the-prefect has seen, albums should regain their metadata.

The system will take a bit longer to get and process the cover artwork, so you may experience some time where you have all the album titles, artists, tracks and so on, but some albums won't have their covers yet. Depending upon the size of the library, this could take a fair amount of time, because the system has to resize each master image to all the different image sizes that the user interface requires, in all possible screen resolutions. No need to do anything, just let the system work through it.

We apologize for the disruption to your systems.

Last edited:
Many thanks fir the update Mike.

Looks all good on my system. All artwork in place including the artwork I added to unknowns a while ago.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it. We appreciate hearing the reports from the field that things are coming back as expected.

Sorry, Jim. When I visited the thread I only saw that last reply (due to pagination). Shouldn't have chipped in with a "me too". Lesson learned.

Not a big deal at all, actually provided an opportunity to reiterate that K was working on it, so thanks! Most importantly, all should be good now!!:)

Jim

For those that didn't get the email, here is K's comment regarding the Music Guide issue that appeared this week:

Dear Kaleidescape Customer,

Late Sunday, we became aware of a problem that caused all of the music albums on Kaleidescape Premiere and Cinema One systems to become “unrecognized,” with no cover art or other metadata.

We immediately investigated, and determined that this problem was caused by a network equipment failure that occurred on Friday at our datacenter. That failure disrupted the generation of a new Music Guide database, and the incomplete Music Guide was distributed to customer systems because a database integrity check failed to detect the problem.

The datacenter equipment failure was fixed, a complete Music Guide has been created and tested, and most customer systems have already received the update. We have also fixed the software bug that allowed the incomplete Music Guide to be distributed.

Most systems should be back to normal, although some may take a little longer to fully restore music cover art.

We apologize for this service disruption.

Sincerely,

The Kaleidescape Team

Great to see the increase in timely communication - a very positive change!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
I do not know if what i am experiencing with my 3 servers I have linked together is that similar issues were encountered whereby I attempted to delete what I thought were duplicates marked as unknown and no cover art to find that they are now situated in the Trash collection awaiting to either be deleted or transferred back into my collections. Attempting to retransfer them back has been unsuccessful with the list still kept in the Trash without its cover art yet all tracks still listed. If anyone can suggest a solution I would appreciate it rather than to reload 780 odd discs
Thanks Striker

Back