• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape legal update

Well, the vault requirement is disappearing a studio at a time. I don't know off hand how many more studios we need to get on board, but I still have a lot of titles in my vault. I would bet FOX is probably the largest studio of the remaining titles and would represent a huge chunk of the content pool, especially if they also come with other studios in tow much like Lionsgate brought a couple of smaller studios that they apparently do the distribution for.

At the moment, we only have one of the Big Six. (Warner Bros., Paramount, Sony Pictures, Universal, Fox and Disney). Getting Lionsgate is great, but picking up one of the others on the list above would be a huge step towards bringing the rest online.

Mr Poindexter- I might be a bit late to the party here. So you don't need to have the Lionsgate Blu-Ray discs in the M700 for playback anymore? So I can import my Lionsgate titles into the server, and then remove the discs from the M700 without them being greyed out?

Which would be great to free up space for the other discs in the M700.

Last edited:
Mr Poindexter- I might be a bit late to the party here. So you don't need to have the Lionsgate Blu-Ray discs in the M700 for playback anymore? So I can import my Lionsgate titles into the server, and then remove the discs from the M700 without them being greyed out?

Which would be great to free up space for the other discs in the M700.

Not quite yet, but Lionsgate has been announced as coming to the K-store. So soon you will be able to "upgrade" your Lionsgate stuff like the WB stuff to digital only, yes.

--Donnie

Lionsgate is in the store. It showed up last week.

John

Okay so in order for this to happen you need to purchase the $1.99 title from the store to remove the disc. Not an option if you don't have a) access to the store or b) a large download limit.

Must be nice to live in 'those' United States. We Canadians are standing around kicking an empty can around the server room!!!!

Peter

It did not take long from the announcement for the movies to show up inthe US store. Hopefully not too much longer before they start showing up in the Canadian store!

John

It did not take long from the announcement for the movies to show up inthe US store. Hopefully not too much longer before they start showing up in the Canadian store!

John

Same in the UK....but as I have no server for a couple of weeks I guess I can wait until its repaired....fingers crossed Lionsgate in the UK in 2 weeks!

They are. But they now have added a collection of "Recent Lionsgate Additions" so you can track the movies as they are added.

John

Enough people asked, and K listened (as they do when they are able).:)

Jim

They are. But they now have added a collection of "Recent Lionsgate Additions" so you can track the movies as they are added.

John

I'm very happy the way the store is evolving and agree that "collections" showing new movies to the store certainly makes shopping easier.

Back