• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Kaleidescape Launches New Version of Cinema One

Thanks for all good information on Alto. I have a quick question and hope some one can help.

Currently assume I have 200 blu rays & 300 DVD's. Out of this 70 of them are in store. I can have all 70 downloaded, but can also have rest 430 catalogued correct?

Correct, assuming that you do the disc-to-digital conversion for each of the 70 titles that are available on the store.

Thank you.

Yes I will pay for disc to digital, but can see all 500 titles on my alto.

Out of 500, 70 can be played with out ever touching the disc and rest 430 needs to fed as disc to play. This is until a disc vault comes.

Cheers

Raj

That's correct Raj.

Jim

Yes. The DV700 is the usual add-on, because the Player is already built-in to the C1. The planned release of Vault support for the new Alto includes the ability to playback directly from the Vault as opposed to hard drive playback. This will allow for DVD support in the Vault as well as the usual BR. There are no official details about the planned Vault, but it should be released early this year.

Jim

Yes. The DV700 is the usual add-on, because the Player is already built-in to the C1. The planned release of Vault support for the new Alto includes the ability to playback directly from the Vault as opposed to hard drive playback. This will allow for DVD support in the Vault as well as the usual BR. There are no official details about the planned Vault, but it should be released early this year.

Jim

Are we thinking this will be a different vault? I'm pretty interested in jumping in now with the Alto but I'll need a larger storage solution in the future.

That's correct Raj.

Jim

But ...... The memory/storage will limit to 100 BR etc downloads and if one of the 500 has not been downloaded from the store you may have to delete something first before you can download and if not in the store, you can't play?:confused:

Beyond hundred you cannot download, but if movie # 101 as disc is in the vault you can play from that.

Cheers

Raj

Are we thinking this will be a different vault? I'm pretty interested in jumping in now with the Alto but I'll need a larger storage solution in the future.

I ordered last month, as it seems in works. I have always been pretty impressed with K products and now its affordable as well.

Cheers

I ordered last month, as it seems in works. I have always been pretty impressed with K products and now its affordable as well.

Cheers

You ordered the vault? Or the Alto? When is the Alto suppose to start shipping?

Also, is there suppose to be a new (lower costing) hard disk solution in the works?

You ordered the vault? Or the Alto? When is the Alto suppose to start shipping?

Also, is there suppose to be a new (lower costing) hard disk solution in the works?

I ordered the Alto. Vault and hard disk solution is in works it seems.

I am not sure when it will ship. Once I hear mine is shipping will post.

Cheers

Raj

Just don't understand why they won't let this interface with the premiere line... could be the perfect M-class player with added storage... even if they won't let it rip disks.

It's not just about ripping discs, it cannot be attached to a system that can playback DVD content from a hard drive. (There are other design reasons as well.)

Jim

Back