• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

SOLD: Kaleidescape K-5000 (3U) Grandfathered, Nice Condition, Great Price

Cal2627

I’m currently pulling out one of my nicest Grandfathered 5000 (3U) units from my personal rack to make future room. This is a nice unit that anyone would be happy with...
The K-Server 5000 has: (8) 750GB Drives, (2) 1TB Drives, (1) 2TB Drive and (3) blanks.
The server works great with no issues. 100% operational. The unit is Grandfathered and can import DVDs., Blu Rays, etc.....with the Overall condition is great. It will be pulled from my own personal rack. Ive received and shipped these....plenty of times.....So no worries on secure packing. It will be packed correctly.

I’ve reduced the price on the server to sale quickly. I don’t think you’ll find a better deal anywhere.
Get it now for $1950 and I’ll ship it here in the Continental US for $100.
This is a great addition to an existing system....or a Cheap start to your own Kaleidescape System.

Thanks,
Cal

Attachments

• 63B54079-BEF9-40F0-9C50-CA9277EF9C03.jpeg
    63B54079-BEF9-40F0-9C50-CA9277EF9C03.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • 3BDEA603-D656-4B3D-9662-B57598D72FF0.jpeg
    3BDEA603-D656-4B3D-9662-B57598D72FF0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • F19989B2-20B8-4CC5-92E4-21926BB38695.jpeg
    F19989B2-20B8-4CC5-92E4-21926BB38695.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • C13542B9-4FAA-47EC-9400-ABCAC328EF0A.jpeg
    C13542B9-4FAA-47EC-9400-ABCAC328EF0A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I currently have two separate units for sale.

1) First K-Server 5000 I have for sale has: (8) 750GB Drives, (2) 1TB Drives, (1) 2TB Drive and (3) blanks.
The server works great with no issues. I Replaced the PowerSupply this past year; so that should be good to go for awhile. The unit is Grandfathered and can import DVDs. Overall condition is great. It will be pulled from my own personal rack. I will ship in the correct 3U shipping container to insure secure packing.
I’ll take $2350 and shipping will be $100 within continental US.

2) Second K-Server 5000 I have for sale has: (11) 1TB Drives and (3) blanks. The server works great and has no operational issues. I have replaced the PowerSupply in this server as well this past year...I ran across a great deal and figured I could do a good dusting on both servers inside while I changed the supplies. The unit is Grandfathered and can import DVDs as well. Overall condition is good. It has the normal surface scratches from being removed and installed. The door hinges are broke. I actually was going to order the kit to fix it, but after the unit is racked and the door is placed on....You can’t really notice and it doesn’t effect operation at all. The unit will be pulled from my personal rack. I’ve discounted the unit for the hinges....
I’ll take $1700 and shipping will be $100 within continental US.

Thanks,
Cal
Hi

I have been using my Premiere 3U server for last 6-7 years and suddenly stopped working. I have all 14 drives full with my movies .Are these same 3U servers . All my drives are 4Tb or above so I don’t need drives . How old are these servers ? Can I use it under my account and just put my drives in and have my movies back ?

thanks

Yes Sir,
The Server is available. I sent you pics of SN and Kaleidescape info via PM.
Thanks,
Cal

One server 5000 sold this morning....Only one 5000 left at a lowered price...
Good Luck!!! Thanks for the support guys,

Cal

Bump, lowered price to quick sell. Have people asking bout it.... Figured, I would lower the price to get the server sold....

Good look....it’s a really nice unit. 100% operational...no defects.
Thanks,
Calvin

I'm surprised it's still for sale, it should have sold, I just sold one for $2800, empty, no warranty.

Jim

Jim,
You and me brother.....have no idea....I sold a cheaper one.....only thing wrong with it was those hinges...if you recall....I was on the fence of buying a set from you last year.....just didn’t seam that important once the unit was racked....you couldn’t tell...and you don’t really mess with it after it’s racked...

I discounted that one heavy just for hinges...what are those now? $300....and you have a perfectly good rack and drives for $1900.... Mike was so happy when he got it.....loves it.

Anyways, this ones in even better condition.....I left all the warning stickers....etc...on the unit...Looks, in very nice shape.....cleaned out....I put a new power supply in it.....(You never know when those things might quit on you)....I’ve got a mix of drives in it with open space..,,????? Honestly, don’t get it...I usually post here before going to eBay.....Just to help the K-Family out.....

Jim, think I’m giving it another day or two.....taking over to the Bay.....and hyping the price up on eBay like everyone else...,. Seems crazy, people rather pay the higher prices over there.... Have a few older pieces...I’ll probably list....

Anyways, when you first listed your three...,..Jim, I had mine ready to go and was really trying to practice patience and respect.....there was no way I was going to overrun the market place in servers....,so I waited till you unloaded at least two of them before I started posting....

Thanks for the concern..Jim..hopefully, I don’t have to pull everything and Move it over to the Flea Market....

Thanks,
Calvin

Good luck with that!

Yes, that hinge set is $325 retail from K, but it is available.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I’ll relay that onto the buyer of that first server that had the hinged issue...Don’t know if he’s thinking like me and not worried about it like me...but I really did discount it a whole lot more than the the cost of the kit....just to make a quick sale....
I’ll recommend him to you; if he’s interested in the purchase of the kit....
Thanks for the info....

Calvin

Last edited:
Hello—just attempted to send you a pm but couldn’t find anything by that name under the new forum software, so I ‘started a conversation’-hope that works.

Patrick, you were correct ......the conversation option is the new PM. I replied to your message and you should have mail now under the conversation (envelope) tab.....
Thanks,
Cal

Hi there, thread is hard to follow. 3u still Avail? Price?

Thanks,
Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back