• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Iphone App

nineball

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
The utility of this app is very appealing as I would love to be able to scan a movie before purchase to see if it exists in my library. I see however it is only available in the US Apple store. The only reason is that the UPC's are supposedly region specific. I am pretty sure that the Canadian and US UPC's are probably identical so why restrict the availability.

Anyone know if this App will work in Canada?

Peter

Dear Peter,

I scanned several UPCs here in Germany. It worked fine.

Best,

Patrick

Thanks Patrick now all I have to do is figure out how to get it as apple won't let me download it from Canada!!! Perhaps is I asked the nice folks at K how to get it they might be helpful.

Peter

Peter,

Just to let you know - there is also the 1remote app for Kaleidescape, albeit it's not free:) This not only gives you a great little remote control but allows you to view all your movies and music in offline mode so that you can see what you have when you are out shopping for new stuff.

Best Regards,

Jesper

Peter,

Just to let you know - there is also the 1remote app for Kaleidescape, albeit it's not free:) This not only gives you a great little remote control but allows you to view all your movies and music in offline mode so that you can see what you have when you are out shopping for new stuff.

Best Regards,

Jesper

Thank you Jesper. Cost isn't the issue here but functionality is. If I can access my current library on the run then that is what I want. Thank you. I'll check it out.

Peter

...all I have to do is figure out how to get it as apple won't let me download it from Canada!!!

Sign up for a US iTunes store account, buy an App store gift card from the US (for paid Apps, you don't need it for free ones), and you're good to go...
Wherever possible I buy my Apps from the US iTunes store because they are about 20% cheaper than buying from the Australian store.

Sign up for a US iTunes store account, buy an App store gift card from the US (for paid Apps, you don't need it for free ones), and you're good to go...
Wherever possible I buy my Apps from the US iTunes store because they are about 20% cheaper than buying from the Australian store.

I tried that a while ago for different reasons and ran into difficulty registering without a US address (zip code). Then to further complicate it my billing address and credit card is Canadian which seems to throw even more barriers into the mix.

Again I don't know why we should even have to jump through all these hoops. Kaleidescape should offer to give its existing Canadian and Australian customers access to the app with whatever disclaimers they wish to make. I realize there may be an occasional glitch with respect to the UPC but thats a given clear risk I am prepared to make.

Peter

Neat app! Works well with DVDs and BRs - and works well on my iPad too. However, I wish it scanned CD UPCs as well. I wonder if kscape would consider updating the app to do so...

I doubt it will be updated to do CD's since they outsource that database to another company and that company (trying to remember - is it Gracenote?) likely has not been collecting UPC codes for their database.

Back