• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape in my car!!

carajo

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Access to 1300 movies in my car and its actually working.
I use my Macbook connected to my blackberry via bluetooth. Slingbox Pro in the rack

The video is not choppy. Its not the best quality but its watchable for sure. Especially for my 8 year old in the back

I can switch between my Directv Dvr and Kscape

Wow, that's definitely a first. pretty cool!

Why don't you, you know, just put a kscape mini in your car- the new all in one job- mount it in the trunk. I mean, that would be crazy.

And you could go ridiculous- put two head rest monitors in the very back seats for the people behind you to watch, and setup separate mini players- the kscape logo as a screensaver playing- I bet you could get on MTV cribs!

Slingbox Control

Carajo,

Since Slingbox only does one way communication, when you start performing functions with the remote connection, does a home automation system (like Crestron, etc.) get 'lost' as to what is on, volume, what channel, etc.?

Does that question make sense? I also have a Slingbox, but as I'm getting ready to add more automation, it seems like the one way communication may be a problem.

Thanks, Steven

Carajo, what kind of remote control have you told Slingbox to use ?

Steven, I use the crestron modules from kscape, and use the web-browser (java) control as-well, the crestron modules seem to keep track of whats going on fine. I guess as long as your devices communicate back with the control system in a 2 way manner they should keep up with what has hapened via IR control.

Richard

Carajo,

Since Slingbox only does one way communication, when you start performing functions with the remote connection, does a home automation system (like Crestron, etc.) get 'lost' as to what is on, volume, what channel, etc.?

Does that question make sense? I also have a Slingbox, but as I'm getting ready to add more automation, it seems like the one way communication may be a problem.

Thanks, Steven

Yes the question makes sense. I dont use my AMX system to keep track of what's spcific channel is playing since all of my touch panels have video feeds so I can easily see what is playing. I only keep track of if a room is on or off and what source they are using. I do have the now playing and time remaining for the kscape displayed on the panels.

The problem is not the player it the size and cost of the server plus import of DVD's I have already thought about this. I have Direct Tv in my truck and it works great....

Back