• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: Kaleidescape and Cineak Luxury Seating

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
New partnership between Kaleidescape and Cineak, another leader in the AV industry. Here's the press release:

Kaleidescape and CINEAK Combine Premium-Quality Playback with the Luxury Seating Experience for Private Cinemas
Design-Driven Seating Provides Ultimate Comfort When You Press Play on Kaleidescape.

MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA and HOLLYWOOD, CA – January 11, 2022 – Kaleidescape, makers of the ultimate movie player, and CINEAK, the benchmark of luxury seating, announced today a partnership that illustrates the importance of how technology and design lead to the ultimate in luxury entertainment experiences.

“Kaleidescape makes the ultimate movie player for private cinema and media systems that define a premium experience,” said Tayloe Stansbury, CEO, Kaleidescape. “Combine this with CINEAK, the leaders in luxury home cinema seating, and you have an unparalleled experience, one that embodies comfort, style, and control that wraps you up in the movie watching moment.”

Founded in Belgium and family run for two decades, CINEAK has revolutionized the luxury seating experience through its passion for design, quality of materials, level of customization, technology, craftsmanship and attention to detail.

“With Kaleidescape’s ability to provide cues to CINEAK, just press play and watch the control system automatically recline the seats, adjust the position of the articulating headrest, dim the lighting, and let the movie start… And when the credits begin to roll, the seats automatically readjust as the lighting slowly comes back up,” said Alvin Hellemans, president, and founder at CINEAK. “Custom built for private cinemas, CINEAK’s engineering offers a wide range of unique offerings, such as patented motorized mechanisms which quietly adjusts the seats, customized headrests to allow for limited audio interference, and offers acoustically treated materials to keep the sonic dynamics of the room in check.”

CINEAK products are made with the highest-quality materials, including Italian stitched leather and French fabrics, resulting in an exclusive product that guarantees years of comfort and enjoyment. CINEAK offers first-to-market technology that increases the functionality of the seat, ensuring ultimate performance. Seats can include heating and cooling ventilation, dual and triple-motorized mechanisms controlled by illuminated keypads with preset functions, electronic lumbar support, motorized articulating headrests, control over the seats using the home automation system, USB-C and wireless charging, cooling cupholders, and other premium accessories.

Along with over 13,000 movies, TV series, and concerts available from its industry-leading movie store, only Kaleidescape players are designed to present movies at full reference, with lossless quality audio. The Kaleidescape system is designed to play 4K HDR movies with a video bitrate four times higher, while reproducing lossless quality audio with a bitrate ten times higher, than any streaming device.

CINEAK and Kaleidescape are the perfect match for anyone looking to deliver the ultimate luxury private cinema experience. For more information, contact your local CINEAK or Kaleidescape dealer.

About Kaleidescape (www.kaleidescape.com)
Kaleidescape is the ultimate movie player. Kaleidescape elevates every other component in your theater, with higher-fidelity video source material, lossless audio, and integrative cues to control lighting, shading, seating, lenses, and screen masking. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Kaleidescape builds its products in the USA and sells exclusively through custom installers.

About CINEAK (www.cineak.com)
CINEAK is a fully family owned and operated company. Founded in 1999 as a design-driven response to the demand for aesthetically pleasing and innovative entertainment and home theater chairs. Since its inception, CINEAK has revolutionized the luxury seating experience through its passion for excellence in materials, construction, technology, quality, service and attention to detail. With a dealer network extending to over 50+ countries, the CINEAK brand has quickly established itself as “the benchmark of luxury seating”.
###

Media Contacts:  
Kaleidescape, Inc.  
Josh Gershman
Josh.Gershman@kaleidescape.com

Kinda neat... but not sure everyone in a home theater setting wants their seats to automatically recline at the start of the movie and retract at the credits. Seat positions are pretty individual in terms of preference... so this is something that I'd probably not want to automate.

• Haha
Reactions: HCS
Kinda neat... but not sure everyone in a home theater setting wants their seats to automatically recline at the start of the movie and retract at the credits. Seat positions are pretty individual in terms of preference... so this is something that I'd probably not want to automate.

I mean, that sounds pretty awesome haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best programming I have seen is to just return all seats to the up right positions after everyone has left the theater. Everything is powered down, lights are all off, and seats return to the normal positions.

So I wish my theater seats could be controlled via my c4 system... I would have it turn the seat lights on / off at appropriate time and return the seats to their upright position like mentioned. Unfortunately not many offer that... thinking to figure out how to connect myself to the individual seats to do this.

So I wish my theater seats could be controlled via my c4 system... I would have it turn the seat lights on / off at appropriate time and return the seats to their upright position like mentioned. Unfortunately not many offer that... thinking to figure out how to connect myself to the individual seats to do this.
I've seen that an Australian company I believe, not Chowmein IIRC, that can control a generic Wifi to 2.4GHz bridge that allows you to basically clone any 2.4 remote.
Now, if this isn't an option, and no official option exists. It should still be fairly simple to solder piggyback wires onto the micro switches, touch switches, whatever that is in your remotes.
And then use basically just a software relay to open and close the circuit.
The question is how cleanly you can install it, and that probably comes down to where your remotes are located, and whether integrated or corded, the latter would definitely be easiest to mod.

I've seen that an Australian company I believe, not Chowmein IIRC, that can control a generic Wifi to 2.4GHz bridge that allows you to basically clone any 2.4 remote.
Now, if this isn't an option, and no official option exists. It should still be fairly simple to solder piggyback wires onto the micro switches, touch switches, whatever that is in your remotes.
And then use basically just a software relay to open and close the circuit.
The question is how cleanly you can install it, and that probably comes down to where your remotes are located, and whether integrated or corded, the latter would definitely be easiest to mod.
Yeah, most chairs controls plug into the motors via a simple 4 wire phone type jack. Easy enough to put a splitter and then wire the other device to a relay. Really not that difficult, but sometimes there is just too much automation. 😝

So.....
The car drives me home,
The house lights up as we approach the garage,
I exit the car, the doors lock behind me,
The side door unlocks as I approach,
The house knows I'm home, it speaks to me, "Welcome home Jim,"
The shades adjust down, it knows I prefer privacy at this hour,
The music starts to play in the background,

Walking through the kitchen my appliances speak to me, "it's time for service" says the fridge, "add some salt" say's the dishwasher,
"Good evening Jim" says the house, "should I start coffee?" "In 4 hours" is the reply.

Walking into the the theater the sconces light up,
I say "control, Kaleidescape," and the theater comes to life,
I tell it to "scroll" through my list, then "stop, play movie,"
Later, like my car, it notices my eyes are closing, it pauses the movie "would you like an intermission?" it asks,
I reply "Pause 2," the sconces light up, the equipment shuts down,
***(ADD: seats adjust up, thanks to this new feature)

I walk to the bedroom as the hallway lights the path,
quick stop by the bathroom, the toilet asks "quick wash?" "No" is the response. ("Never" should be the response.)
Step into the shower saying "Rain please," and the overhead shower opens, "adjust temp, 90 deg" I add,
I step away, the shower shuts off,
"Air, warm," I add, as the heated air fans blow down from above while toweling off,
I head to my bedroom/office/sanctuary #2, the theater being #1,

"You're starting to look like Jabba the Hutt," says the wife,

I ignore that comment, I'm waiting for Wall-E to take me back to the ship.......

Gotta love automation!

Jim

I was rather off-put by the dishwasher asking to add salt, but the more I think about it, the toilet offering a wash is definitely more disturbing (why not a simple "1 or 2" option?)

Back