• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape 2022 CEDIA Script

SJHT

This was from the demo theater that K participated in with Trinnov, McIntosh, etc. Was surprised that the tent scene was not in the 4K Movie from the store. I added it, but K should add it permanently to the movie!

Attachments

• 9D5EFE62-D81D-461E-A2B4-A292A13BBB32.jpeg
    9D5EFE62-D81D-461E-A2B4-A292A13BBB32.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 137
Earlier today, I downloaded some movie updates and was warned that some scripts would be affected. I would like to know how to repair those scripts such they are again functional. How do I go about doing that?

If you did updates, it deleted out the custom scenes from those movies. If those scenes were used in scripts that you use, then those scenes will be missing. The only way to fix is to mark those scenes in the “updated“ movies and then add back in to the scripts.

This Is my big complaint about the update process. Currently, I mark the start/stop time points for custom scenes before I update and then re-mark the scenes in the updated title. I then add back in to my scripts.

I should emphasize that it does not affect K marked scenes but only custom marked scenes. Also, K does give a warning before updating that custom scenes will be lost.

John

I agree. Spider-Man: No Way Home was just updated which caused the Marvel script to drop the custom scene. In this particular case, if the scene was good enough to be in their CEDIA showcase with other vendors, then it should be added permanently!

If you did updates, it deleted out the custom scenes from those movies. If those scenes were used in scripts that you use, then those scenes will be missing. The only way to fix is to mark those scenes in the “updated“ movies and then add back in to the scripts.

This Is my big complaint about the update process. Currently, I mark the start/stop time points for custom scenes before I update and then re-mark the scenes in the updated title. I then add back in to my scripts.

I should emphasize that it does not affect K marked scenes but only custom marked scenes. Also, K does give a warning before updating that custom scenes will be lost.

John
The custom scenes were deleted but I'm not sure I understand the highlighted comment above. Would not the start and end time be the same in the updated version? And if so, why could the update not leave those in place?

THIS REALLY needs to be fixed. I spent a lot of time creating these custom scenes and scripts and now, basically, I need to recreate them.

I find it interesting - and incredibly frustrating. K announced zero new software capabilities at CEDIA (just more hardware options that no one asked for) but things like this get ignored. I just don't understand.

In all the movie updates that I have had custom scenes marked, all the start/stop times have matched up (I would guess 20-25 movies).

My other frustration is that there is no way to keep the old version (with scenes) and download the “update”. If I could do this, I could add the scenes back in at my leisure.

John

Or if the update is a completely different version as happened with the title below from the one you purchased

The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concerts​

Back