• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K5000s not working properly

mxbailey

I just bought a couple of used K5000 mover players and connected them to my network. The "My-Kaleidescape" browser sees them, and allows me to pop up an OSD for each one but announces that "the application requires an earlier version of Java". I tell it to run anyway.

The problem is that when the movie player boots up, the OSD says "Kaleidescape Library Unavailable" in big red letters. It then says "This player cannot access your library. Please check that all of your Kaleidescape components are running and your network is functing properly. Press OK or Select to continue".

If I try to import a movie, the browser recognizes that it tried. It finds the DVD title, but says "Import interrupted." Also, when I click OK or enter in the browser, the player does not respond.

I've connected one of the players to the same gigabit switch as the 1U server and the KMUSIC player which work just fine. So I suspect that the network is correctly set up, especially since the browser "sees" them.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Matt

That sounds VERY odd. Only things I can think to try would be this:
1) make sure each player is set to DHCP using the installer web utility (rather than hard-coded IP address from the previous owner?)
2) check the "Groups" tab on your installer web utility... make sure all the components are in the same logical group, else they don't talk to each other.

Good suggestions. Also what browser are you using? I suggest trying something else. Firefox maybe?

Josh - I can't thank you enough!! Your suggestions solved the problem I was having! The network settings were indeed hard-coded, and each player was in its own group.

I love this forum :)

Yes, I have seen this issue before also. It was network related caused by some devices on the same subnet ending up with the same IP.

The opposite of brodricj, I found it happen once where they were on different subnets, but the server/browser still managed to find them anyway. Made me rather curious as to how it performs the search.

Josh - I can't thank you enough!! Your suggestions solved the problem I was having! The network settings were indeed hard-coded, and each player was in its own group.

I love this forum :)

Great! glad to hear it! :)

Back