• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K120 Power Supply Replacement

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
The K120 power supply replacement referenced below is a 300W power supply (versus 190) that at least one person claims will work in the K120. Only one connector needs to be adapted (according to him, the one that has 3 voltages and ground going to the HDD backplane).

SilverStone Technology 300W SFX Form Factor 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply with +12V single rail, Active PFC (ST30SF)

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=458

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-...rds=ST30SF+power+supply&qid=1574343982&sr=8-1

Jim

Last edited:
The other option is to send in your original power supply to Power-Medic.com. They will repair your power supply for less than $100 and can refurbish it with new components as needed for a little more. They repaired mine and it is working great for a couple months now. Great service and pricing is very reasonable.

For those that posted in the original thread that incorrectly referred to the above power supply as being for a 1U, my apology, the subject matter was for the K120, NOT the 1U. This is on me, and no one else, I incorrectly made a note it was for the 1U when it was a K120 PS replacement.

I decided to delete the threads that dealt with it as a 1U, I don't want info in that thread that might confuse the issue further. So, for the 1U more than 5 years old we still need to find a working 3d party power supply.

Jim

Hi i have the k120 with a broken psu, does anyone tried to install the st30sf ?
Actually i already order it and waiting for it and trying to find some more information about the installation.
Thanks in advance!!

Ok I recieved the psu and everything works correct.
The only modification was at the conection for the hard disks.

Awesome. Do you have pics or details of the mods please?

Back