• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K + Trinnov Support

TrackZ

So, is there something special I need to do here? I‘ve started initial set up of the Trinnov with speaker config, bass management, and some input renaming and so on.

My Strato though indicates no HDCP and the playback and everything is locked down. I didn’t move anything else or change any cables in use. Just took the Marantz out and put the Trinnov in.

I’m not seeing any specific setting that could be influencing this. The Trinnov output ports are all set to HDMI 2.0 spec.

Any guidance if there’s just a quick setting would be appreciated. My initial few hours with this Trinnov are not impressive at all…

Are your other devices working? I would do a full restart on the Strato. Also, not sure which Trinnov model you have, but my Alt32 has 2 outputs. #2 is HDCP 2.2. I use a Lumagen so not much else I can think of…. SJ

I don’t think I had to do anything special for the Strato (in my case really the HDMI feed is coming from the Costar). Do other sources work on that HDMI input? I’ve attached my Strato video settings in case you want to compare to what you have. AD37158D-A721-4EF0-8B05-352B46D4AD61.jpeg

Attachments

• 8EBE0113-C349-46A1-ACB6-A6E599D19188.jpeg
    8EBE0113-C349-46A1-ACB6-A6E599D19188.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
I did a restart. I’ll try hdmi 2. I was planning to drive my 2 zones with the Trinnov like I had been with the Marantz so hdmi 1 was going to my projector and hdmi 2 to my living room receiver. I don’t think the Trinnov does multi zone though. I’ll try hdmi 2 now.

I have the Altitude 16 with the newer 8x2 hdmi board. I had thought everything was proper hdcp now. But I’ll try 2 as well as maybe trying just connecting to the projector only.

The issue is specific to having put the Trinnov in though. K worked fine beforehand.

I did a restart. I’ll try hdmi 2. I was planning to drive my 2 zones with the Trinnov like I had been with the Marantz so hdmi 1 was going to my projector and hdmi 2 to my living room receiver. I don’t think the Trinnov does multi zone though. I’ll try hdmi 2 now.

I have the Altitude 16 with the newer 8x2 hdmi board. I had thought everything was proper hdcp now. But I’ll try 2 as well as maybe trying just connecting to the projector only.

The issue is specific to having put the Trinnov in though. K worked fine beforehand.

Yeah, the new Alt 16 has 2 HDCP 2.2 ports. Output 1 has the Arc/eArc and can convert 4K to 1080P. So, Out 2 might be preferred for your projector anyway. Strange as there are probably lots of folks running this! Might want to send a quick note to support. They usually are fast at responding and can actually look at your system if needed. Hang in there it will be worth it!

Check the manual on the Alt16 but I'm pretty sure of two things - one both the HMDI out are passing video only, no audio as that is stripped off and sent through the Trinnov processing, and two, HDMI 1 is limited to 1080p. If you want full 4K for your projector, you need to use HDMI 2 output. Once the new software is available, you can run multi-zone audio using Dante over Ethernet and you can do it now if you have spare zones by running speaker cable to another room and then arraying the speakers with your mains, but Trinnov is not a video switcher for multiroom. Maybe try a Vertex for that.

@Ksalno - Both HDMI ports are now fully HDCP 2.2 capable, the restriction quoted in the manual changed with the introduction of the newer boards, which I think @TrackZ has. Reckon the manual requires updating.

@Ksalno - Both HDMI ports are now fully HDCP 2.2 capable, the restriction quoted in the manual changed with the introduction of the newer boards, which I think @TrackZ has. Reckon the manual requires updating.
But they carry only video, correct? I believe you can feed video to two displays or projectors but you can’t use one of them to feed another AVR and get any sound out of it. I think to do that, you need an HDMI matrix switch before the Trinnov to split the source HDMI signal and send it to both the Trinnov HDMI input and the other AVR.

But they carry only video, correct? I believe you can feed video to two displays or projectors but you can’t use one of them to feed another AVR and get any sound out of it. I think to do that, you need an HDMI matrix switch before the Trinnov to split the source HDMI signal and send it to both the Trinnov HDMI input and the other AVR.
According to the spec pages, Output 1 is now Arc/eArc, so it must carry both audio and video?

I should have the new board. I think the build date is within the last few months, and the old HDMI was 7x2 vs. the new one being 8x2. In any case, I will try the 2nd port only to my projector and only using one port as well to one display and see what happens when I get a chance next.

I'm not sure - I was only addressing the issue that arose regarding the HDCP issue. Beyond that I don't know sorry.

Posting out of order, but this was my follow up to the first install video after figuring more stuff out.

Back