• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K Store Down for Maintenance. Something new coming?

Typically, maintenance on major web sites is planned and announced. The site has been down for at least 16 hours now and I am not aware of any communication indicating an upgrade or maintenance.

Hopefully Kaleidescape as a company isn't having issues again. At the least, a lack of communication is disconcerting due to the financial problems they had last year.

Relax guys....all is fine at K.....the Store should reopen soon.

Jim

Software update. Be back up soon.

Jim

Store is back online. Noticed that My Library is now called My Movies.

Good news!
We can now see the associated audio tracks next to the different versions.

LUCY as an example:

4K HDR
English (Dolby TrueHD Atmos)
English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
BLU-RAY QUALITY
English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1)
Spanish (DTS 5.1)
French (DTS 5.1)
English (Dolby Digital Stereo)
DVD QUALITY
English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
French (Dolby Digital 5.1)
English (Dolby Digital Stereo)

I had been wondering if there was a difference in sound on the HD versions of "The Fate of the Furious". Yes there is:

Standard version: DTS:X
Extended version: DTS-HD MA 5.1

John

Hi all! Sorry the software update took a little longer than normal. Hope you enjoy the new feature that breaks out audio tracks (and subtitles and Special Features!) by media quality.

Very glad to finally be able to see what features are on each version. Not a fan of the implementation though. Too many clicks to get information about a movie and inconsistencies in the design.

Why would the std edition of ff8 get dts x and not the hdr version? Does this mean the hdr version will not get the dts x soundtrack?

They also need to add the HD version of the ff8 extended edition at some point.... It is listed in the "size" of file, but you can't download. SJ

Suggestion: Show file size of Special Features

One suggestion: It would be nice to see the Special Features file size split out separately. This way we can tell from the store which titles have a separate file for these so that we can download only these extras for other resolutions.

Currently I have to start the download to know for sure that the "Extras" are in a different file (although I can guess by the amount of the extras listed).

John

One suggestion: It would be nice to see the Special Features file size split out separately. This way we can tell from the store which titles have a separate file for these so that we can download only these extras for other resolutions.

Currently I have to start the download to know for sure that the "Extras" are in a different file (although I can guess by the amount of the extras listed).

John

I know K sometimes uses their own recipes, but wouldn't the location of extras depend on how the retail discs were mastered?

I know K sometimes uses their own recipes, but wouldn't the location of extras depend on how the retail discs were mastered?

I don't know for sure but I think this is probably true. At least my assumption has been that studios give K two files when the extras become too large and this ties into having to put "Extras" on a separate disc when shipping in disc form.

John

Back