• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K-Scape Conductor Problems

jmdls

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Is there any way to sync the Kaleidescape Conductor iTunes Library with 2 different PCs. Right now I have complete access to all 22000+ songs on only one PC. I would like this same access on a laptop computer as well.

I can "add folder to library" in iTunes but this only updates the iTunes library once. I would have to manually add the folder each time I add a new CD and that would take days. Is there any way to let Kaleidescape Conductor sync both computers to a single Library?

Is this possible?

Are you trying to get both PC's iTunes libraries pointing to one, common, directory that contains your tracks or will each PC have it's own copy of each track?

If the latter, then you can simply run a copy of Conductor on each PC and they will sync independantly.

However, if you want both PCs to share a common library, that is a little more difficult. You could try pointing each copy of iTunes to a common directory then just have Conductor update one copy of iTunes. Then, theoretically, the second copy of iTunes would simply read the common Library.xml file. But that is most definitely *not* the recommended way to use Conductor and could lead to some instability in your library.

On the other hand, if you used Windows Media Player or Winamp on your laptop then you could simply set up WMP or Winamp to monitor the folder that Conductor syncs your tracks to and they would automatically update whenever Conductor synced a track from your Kaleidescape server to your PC. So the process would work like this:

1. PC and Laptop are configured to both be able to access a common folder somewhere on your network.
2. Conductor is installed on PC, configured to sync tracks to the network folder and add tracks to the PC copy of iTunes.
3. PC/Conductor updates normally.
4. Laptop is configured with WMP or Winamp with an automatic monitor setup to watch the network folder.
5. Anytime WMP or Winamp is running on the laptop, any tracks that have been synced by Conductor would automatically be added to the laptop's media library.

Back