• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Jvc nx7 video drop out

I have a jvc NX7 and k scape strato C with conpact terra 12tb. When i am in the movie menu and go to play a uhd movie the projector makes the normal noise and then plays the uhd contect. When it hit exit from the movie to go back to the menu screen the projector makes the normal mode change noise but thw image stays blank. I have to remove the hdmi from the back of the jvc and put it back in for the video to show back up. Any ideas? Running through an athem mrx740 8k receiver. All other inputs work fine. It just thw k scape.

Go into the web gui and look at the HDMI settings and capabilities. How long did you wait? Likely going from 4K24 back to 4K60. You can change to minimize display changes, but that will keep everything at 4K60

Go into the web gui and look at the HDMI settings and capabilities. How long did you wait? Likely going from 4K24 back to 4K60. You can change to minimize display changes, but that will keep everything at 4K60
Waited about 30 seconds and would flash blue but no image unless i removed hdmi from jvc and put back in. I have also not updated the firmware on the jvc nx7 to the latest version may that have something to do with it ? I also have it set to minimize displat changed in the k scape.

I’ve had that happen a couple times with an AVM60 and a X790R. Change the Anthem input to something else then back and it will lock in. It seems that there’s something happening slowly enough that the processor doesn’t lock in on the hdmi signal and gives up until you tell it to look again.

I’ve had that happen a couple times with an AVM60 and a X790R. Change the Anthem input to something else then back and it will lock in. It seems that there’s something happening slowly enough that the processor doesn’t lock in on the hdmi signal and gives up until you tell it to look again.
It is 100% the anthem MRX 740 8k. I plugged the K-Scape directly into the NX7 and 0 issues. Then i went back running through the anthem and then had issues. When i remove the hdmi from input 5 on the anthem running to the K scape and put it back in the picture pops back in. I then had it work a few times without having to do that. Do you think its the HDMI or just a handshake with the anthem and its just a matter of going to another input and then back to input 5? So glad its not the K scape or JVC. You think that Anthem will need a firmware update to address or nothing they can do?

It is 100% the anthem MRX 740 8k. I plugged the K-Scape directly into the NX7 and 0 issues. Then i went back running through the anthem and then had issues. When i remove the hdmi from input 5 on the anthem running to the K scape and put it back in the picture pops back in. I then had it work a few times without having to do that. Do you think its the HDMI or just a handshake with the anthem and its just a matter of going to another input and then back to input 5? So glad its not the K scape or JVC. You think that Anthem will need a firmware update to address or nothing they can do?

I’m not sure, but for what it’s worth, I was having sync dropouts with my AppleTV and replaced the HDMI from ATV to Anthem and the Anthem to JVC with Pixelgen cables (since I wasn’t having issues with the K) and it has solved all issues, including (for now) the missed handshake on the K.

It could be a better quality cable is completing the handshake in the system faster. It could also be that it just hasn’t happened again yet.

One thing is for sure, my new Reference Cinema speakers from NextLevel Acoustics are kicking butt in here. 😉

Spoke to K-Scape technical support. Turns out its a known handshake issue with Anthem and the new 8k boards. K-Scape is working with Anthem engineers on a fix as we speak.

Oh interesting. I'm on the list to update the board in my AVM70, hopefully this calendar year. I hope any issues are addressed before I get the swap.

I had a similar issue, i was using savant control system so made a code for it to switch to a different source first then back to K. Works a treat

I have had a similar problem with my linn I believe it is an issue with the chip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't get video dropouts, but I do frequently get audio dropouts with my McIntosh MX100, not sure if that's the problem or not.

This is interesting. I just posted about similar happening between Strato S and JVC NZ8.

Back