• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

John Wick 4

JeffTVR

Does anyone know when this is released for K purposes. I understand that the digital release is tomorrow and physical release on June 13?

Does anyone know when this is released for K purposes. I understand that the digital release is tomorrow and physical release on June 13?

23 Not 13 June just one day remain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be tomorrow. (Unless K found something that's needs to be adjusted during their screening and bookmarking process.)

Jim

Still in my queue. I had thought the point was that pre-orders would be downloaded in advance so they are available at the point of release. If so they only have 26 mins to start and complete the download. Cutting it fine :)

No big deal for us, just thought that was how pre-orders worked?

Try forcing it, mine finally went...
How do I force it? Do you mean just request a download?

TBH we won't watch it during the day - we eare on Grandson duty :) and so there is no rush. I was just confused about what the process actually is so that I understand it. I thought I had read somewhere that the pre-order meant that it would be downloaded already for you to watch on 'release day'? Or did I make that up in a dream?

When I went to the queue - it was sitting there as before saying expected soon but with an 'i marker next to it. I hovered and the text box said it had been released and I needed to open up the movie and schedule download? I went there, selected download and its now showing 'starting download'.

I don't remember having to do that manually before. so re my question in the post above this - what is the 'expected behaviour for a pre-order?

For completeness - after my download completed and timestanped as at 04:43 it attempted to download the movie but flagged it as content already downloaded and so the scheduled download triggered by Pre-order must have kicked in.

To repeat the question above - I thought that this was supposed to have happened the day before so it was already there ready? Is that not true?

It is not always downloaded before release, but that is the usual process. K's FAQ states "A pre-ordered title will typically download before its release date." Obviously the use of "typically" implies that is not always the case. One thing that can delay a pre-download is how much time K has with a title prior to the actual release. Once the rollout starts you're placed in the download queue. Also, being a download, whether pre-release or at release, the title is added to the owner's download queue for their system, so for those that have pending downloads, keep in mind that the new title is added to the end of your queue. If you want it sooner, you need to move the title up the list in your Download section in the Store.

Jim

It is not always downloaded before release, but that is the usual process. K's FAQ states "A pre-ordered title will typically download before its release date." Obviously the use of "typically" implies that is not always the case. One thing that can delay a pre-download is how much time K has with a title prior to the actual release. Once the rollout starts you're placed in the download queue. Also, being a download, whether pre-release or at release, the title is added to the owner's download queue for their system, so for those that have pending downloads, keep in mind that the new title is added to the end of your queue. If you want it sooner, you need to move the title up the list in your Download section in the Store.

Jim
thanks

I manually triggered the download as well.
Just watched it.

There was one odd moment though. In the final scene, the main bad guy talks to Mr. Caine, but the voices cannot be heard. The subtitles did show the conversation though. Is there just an error on the soundtrack, or was the voice track deliberately muted in that scene.
If someone has the movie on another platform (e.g. AppleTV, 4K Disc, ...), could you check? Also, if you watch it on K, can you check that scene to see if your download has the same issue? I did still get some background music, which is why I think it wasn't my amplifier or something.

Keeping the scene description vague in order not to put spoilers up :)

Back