• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

JBL Synthesis- SP55

It would certainly be nice if we could solve this problem in 95 minutes!

Jim

Interesting move on from the 8805. I always liked having the Marantz units due to the balanced outputs, updating through their units every couple of years. I know that I am vastly underutilizing the bells & whistles of the current 8805 unit, as I didn't/haven’t run any of the Audyssey sound processing after not having that great of results with some of their earlier units (very likely due to user error). Lyngdorf sounds like an interesting piece, and seem to have all of the Atmos and other immersive sound abilities covered. I currently run a 5.2.2 setup in the media room so it may be a little overkill for us. Unfortunately, our access to anything relative to ‘home theater’ advisors is fairly restricted to group like BB/Magnolia, and well, we’ll us leave it at that.

Interesting move on from the 8805. I always liked having the Marantz units due to the balanced outputs, updating through their units every couple of years. I know that I am vastly underutilizing the bells & whistles of the current 8805 unit, as I didn't/haven’t run any of the Audyssey sound processing after not having that great of results with some of their earlier units (very likely due to user error). Lyngdorf sounds like an interesting piece, and seem to have all of the Atmos and other immersive sound abilities covered. I currently run a 5.2.2 setup in the media room so it may be a little overkill for us. Unfortunately, our access to anything relative to ‘home theater’ advisors is fairly restricted to group like BB/Magnolia, and well, we’ll us leave it at that.

I loved my 8805. No questions. I only sold to moved tp JBL to try Dirac. After hanging around AVS forum and talking to my dealer I scratched off JBL. I was given positive feedback about Lyngdorf but hesitated due to lack of analog audio compatibility. I finally bit the bullet and bought this and buying Emotiva XSP-1 preamp with HT Bypass to use my TurnTable and Cassette Deck as well.

As of now Lyngdorf has been fantastic.

Cheers

Interesting note on the analogue ability. I was trying to consolidate and combine my turntable (Rega Rp8), through its phono stage, then back into the Marantz phono inputs and it didn’t translate well. I had it running through a separate Simaudio integrated and wanted to make the media/theater room setup also my 2-ch setup. I haven’t gone down the rabbit hole of adjusting the various gain settings in the Aria that’s necessary between the MM and MC signals so it might be worth looking into. Unfortunately, for resources, there are surprisingly little that I’ve come across here in Nashville.

The Altitude 16 is $17,000 retail. (We've sold a bunch, probably because of pricing to DIYers.)
The MP-60 is $12,500 retail. (We don't carry that line, but did evaluate it against the Altitude 16, Altitude 32, and the Datasat RS20i (another excellent processor).

Jim

The Altitude 16 is $17,000 retail. (We've sold a bunch, probably because of pricing to DIYers.)
The MP-60 is $12,500 retail. (We don't carry that line, but did evaluate it against the Altitude 16, Altitude 32, and the Datasat RS20i (another excellent processor).

Jim
Thank you. So even in retail its $4500 more and also need some skills to set it up. I have neither LOL.

The Altitude 16 is not that difficult to setup, call me when you have a minute and I'll explain in more detail. (You have the number! :))

Jim

Well, I wouldn't necessarily do that, both are excellent processors, have fun with the MP-60, but if it doesn't end up meeting your needs give me a call. More importantly, stay well!!

Jim

Well, I wouldn't necessarily do that, both are excellent processors, have fun with the MP-60, but if it doesn't end up meeting your needs give me a call. More importantly, stay well!!

Jim
Thanks Jim. Hope everyone is safe and we rebound quickly from this set back.

So far so good, we're lucky, I lost an Uncle in New York to the virus. He was a highly skilled Neurosurgeon, with a specialty of separating conjoined twins. We share the same name, and the irony with his death was that it occured on my birthday, March 30th. A shame really, medicine lost a good man.

Jim

So far so good, we're lucky, I lost an Uncle in New York to the virus. He was a highly skilled Neurosurgeon, with a specialty of separating conjoined twins. We share the same name, and the irony with his death was that it occured on my birthday, March 30th. A shame really, medicine lost a good man.

Jim
I saw in the news. Did not think that you two were related. Its a shame. My mom & uncle are sheltering in place and at 87 years of age told her not to allow anyone in or step out for even 5 minutes. Luckily they are having people drop off supplies outside their door, watching Netflix and they live inside secured gated compound.

@House72 They need to be careful for sure. He was 73, no underlying health condition that anyone was aware of, and it happened fast. Fortunately, most people will survive this virus, but anyone in a high-risk category needs to be careful. I hope they remain safe and healthy!

Jim

Jim

My deep condolences Jim for ur lost sad what happen in the world these days and wish to all the families to be safe

Ur kids is exact the same of my kid just Hope u see them in high ranked position in the future and Honoring there parents

Thank you my friend. Unfortunately, he's just one of many that lost their lives to the virus, and there will be more. He'd be the first to say "life is for the living, keep moving forward." Let's all continue to be safe!

Jim

Thank you. Be well my friend!

Jim

It's already been said, but sorry to hear of your loss Jim! From what I've read about your uncle, he was clearly an amazing man.

Back