• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Issues with La La Land

Rsalvo11

Any one else having and issue with La La Land? I downloaded it yesterday and about half way through the second song there is a few second sound cut out. I tried it on each of my players and same issue.

thanks,

RS

I'd delete it and re-download, a pain I know, but that often clears up any issues (assuming the dropout is consistently at the same location, and just a temporary network glitch).

Jim

Were you able to resolve this issue? We've watched it here and did not experience any audio dropouts.

Were you able to resolve this issue? We've watched it here and did not experience any audio dropouts.

Did you watch it with the full Dolby Atmos soundtrack? I don't have this movie, but the only time I ever have dropouts with my Strato(s) or Alto(s) is with Dolby Atmos. Had one dropout when watching Passengers (HDR version) the other night. SJ

We watched it over the weekend with no issues at all. Great film and excellent audio and video quality. We are not Atmos capable, so just 5.1.

Wayne

Thanks for the feedback. I NEVER have any dropouts with 5.1 tracks movies from any of my units. Only a few when playing Atmos movie soundtracks. I've eliminated my audio system as the issue, because I can take a disk (that has a few dropouts from my DV700) and pop it into my Oppo player and no dropouts. Support has looked at my logs, but can't seem to find anything..... Might be network related, but my setup is pretty solid. SJ

i had what i think are 2 small hiccups in the audio track from when i watched it last night (atmos setup). it wasnt very noticeable though.

We've double checked the movie here in the office and did not experience any dropouts, with the Dolby Atmos audio track.

If you have a consistently reproducible drop, it would be helpful if you could do the following:

Play the part of the movie where the audio drops
When you experience the drop, press one of the number keys, like 5, on the remote four or five times. (Note that this does not work with the Control4 driver, and you could instead press the right arrow key four or five times).
PM me with the serial number of your player and the date and time when you had the audio drop.

The keypresses help us find the right point in the diagnostic log to see if there were any unexpected warnings recorded around the time of the event.

I also have one or two 1-2" dropouts when I watch some movies in Dolby Atmos from my Encore system(Terra servers and Strato with Storage). If I remember well the same happens with my Premiere system. They are random though and can't remember if they always occur at the same time. It never happens when I watch an Atmos movie from my BD player. My projector is being replaced, so as soon as I receive the new one from Sony(two weeks?) and able to watch a movie again, I will follow Mike's instructions.
I just bought the Strato C player, it'll replace the Strato. I'll set it up during the weekend. Curious to see if the dropouts still persist.

They seem to be a bit random, but playing the 1080P bluray Star Trek Beyond with the Atmos soundtrack from an Alto from a DV700 pretty much gives me at least one dropout during the first two or three chapters. Have also had dropouts from my Strato. My pure guess is that it only happens when the movie is not stored on the local device and it is streaming from another Encore component. In the case of the Alto, I can remove the movie from the DV700 and insert it directly into the Alto, it seems to work fine. Just like when I play it from my Oppo. Just guessing, but only happens with Atmos and not DTS 5.1 tracks. I've also played several Atmos soundtracks that have no dropouts, but my thinking is they might be local to the component I'm playing from. There is no way to tell where the movie is stored in my system to validate this. SJ

Interesting data points, thank you.

So, applicable to anybody who has a drop like this: if you would please mark it with those repeated button presses as I described above, and then send me a quick PM here on the forum with your player serial # and the date/time (with timezone, please!) of the event, I'll make sure that the A/V team has that info to investigate.

Watched Underworld Blood Wars (HDR) in Dolby Atmos, not a single drop. Will continue to monitor and mark the spots when they happen.

Not to beat the dead horse, but watched Jupiter Assending (HDR) and not a single dropout with the Dolby Atmos soundtrack. I'm still guessing that it is movies being served from other components across my system or something strange going on with certain titles. Also, don't believe I have ever had a dropout from a 4K title (with Dolby Atmos) which are stored across my two Stratos. 1080p versions are primarily on my Altos and DV700. La la land (which started this thread) is a 1080P movie... SJ

This happened while watching Star Trek into Darkness (playing from an Alto/DV700). Sorry, but forgot to find the remote as my control system doesn't have the numbers at the moment. However, this title is Dolby TrueHD and not Atmos. With that said, Dolby TrueHD is the base foundation that is used to deliver Atmos, so likely the same issue. Never happens with DTS for some reason. SJ

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the report.

If your control system has the arrow keys, you could just hit something like the right arrow five times. You might see a "not supported by movie" message in the corner when you do, which just means that the the media playback engine isn't in a place (like a menu) where navigation commands work.

Back