• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

ISSUE: No audio on some Strato 4K selections

Ksalno

I was running demo of my theater this weekend and ran into a problem I have not had before. I was switching between regular 4K UHD movies like Baby Driver or Hacksaw Ridge and music videos like Hans Zimmer Live in Prague or Roger Water’s the Wall.

The Strato is connected to an Atlona 8x8 HDMI switcher that takes the HDMI in and sends it via one HDMI output to my projector and the other output goes to a Trinnov32 for audio decoding only.

In my demo I was switching back and forth between different movies and music videos. What I found was that the music videos would play in my normal setup but when I tried to play a movie, I got video but no audio. To troubleshoot, I ran a second HDMI from the Strato audio out to the Trinnov and if I selected this direct connection on the Trinnov, I got audio.

While the workaround consistently works, I am hoping there is something I can do with the Strato to correct the situation so I can always use the same input on my Trinnov and not have to switch back and forth depending on the video content. Can anyone offer any suggestions for things to try or ways to troubleshoot this issue?

I have 7 other sources connected the same way through the Atlona switcher including multiple BluRay players, Roku, TiVo, AppleTV, DirectTV, and Xbox One. None of them exhibit this same type of behavior when switching between different types of 4K material.

I was running demo of my theater this weekend and ran into a problem I have not had before. I was switching between regular 4K UHD movies like Baby Driver or Hacksaw Ridge and music videos like Hans Zimmer Live in Prague or Roger Water’s the Wall.

The Strato is connected to an Atlona 8x8 HDMI switcher that takes the HDMI in and sends it via one HDMI output to my projector and the other output goes to a Trinnov32 for audio decoding only.

In my demo I was switching back and forth between different movies and music videos. What I found was that the music videos would play in my normal setup but when I tried to play a movie, I got video but no audio. To troubleshoot, I ran a second HDMI from the Strato audio out to the Trinnov and if I selected this direct connection on the Trinnov, I got audio.

While the workaround consistently works, I am hoping there is something I can do with the Strato to correct the situation so I can always use the same input on my Trinnov and not have to switch back and forth depending on the video content. Can anyone offer any suggestions for things to try or ways to troubleshoot this issue?

I have 7 other sources connected the same way through the Atlona switcher including multiple BluRay players, Roku, TiVo, AppleTV, DirectTV, and Xbox One. None of them exhibit this same type of behavior when switching between different types of 4K material.

I have had the same issue with my Meridien gear... its random.

Power cycle seems to always fix it. Annoying...

I would suggest that you take advantage of our new HDMI Audio Capabilities tool in your Strato's browser interface. Start something playing that produces no audio, and then open your Strato's browser interface, click the Settings tab, Components sub-tab, then click the Settings button for the Strato in question. Click the Audio tab, then click the "Show audio capabilities and status" button.

That will give you a detailed picture of what sort of audio capabilities are being reported to the Strato, and what audio format it is outputting to the HDMI port.

Back