• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Is there a service or user that rents or lets one borrow an Alto to convert discs to digital downloads?

thebland

Hi

I have a number of Bu Ray discs I'd like to convert to digital downloads on my K system. I don't have an Alto but have read that some users let borrow or rent one for the purpose of taking advantage of this service...

Any info on this? Haven't even seen an Alto around for sale (but would prefer not to purchase for this short exercise).

Thanks

Hi

I have a number of Bu Ray discs I'd like to convert to digital downloads on my K system. I don't have an Alto but have read that some users let borrow or rent one for the purpose of taking advantage of this service...

Any info on this? Haven't even seen an Alto around for sale (but would prefer not to purchase for this short exercise).

Thanks
Reach out to Cinelife.
He's the Man!

Also, Kaleidescape has provided some of these to various regions (or so I have been told). I used Cinelife.

If an Alto resurfaces on eBay, one suggestion might be to price it at about $3 per disk plus a premium to eliminate the line waiting to borrow. It has been a couple of months since the last one.

Hi

Thanks
Check this out….

Yes, I'm still offering up my Alto's to members. You don't have to buy through me to get on the list. I don't "rent" them out, the only cost you incur in paying shipping to the next person in line. Unfortunately, the current list is 2 - 3 months long, now that I'm down to only one Alto (due to loss and damage), and shipping times between owners contributing to wait times.

That said, still happy to put people on the list.

Jim

K really needs another way to do this. Several suggestions have been made. As more people move to K, this Is just going to get worse!

My understanding is they do allow the regional sales reps access to a handful of Alto's to loan to some dealers to help clients catalog their content, so I'm not the only one helping, but I did buy my own Alto's for this purpose. I'd rather just deal with it myself as I'm currently doing, and that also would allow other dealers access through the loaners from K. (That said, I get owners from other dealers getting on the list weekly, and in the end, my thinking is more support for owners means more business for K, and that indirectly benefits all owners.)

It took me a long time to figure out that people and relationships were more important than money.

Fortunately I have a wife that laughs, shakes her head, and says that's why she married me.....🙂

Jim

I have an Alto in the Bay Area and if I can figure how to move the movies to my terra will be more than happy to loan my alto for local folks to catalog.

Hey Jim, a suggestion... you may want to publish a list of people (just their first name and last initial) of where they are on the list. It will give us an idea of how much longer we should be casting stones at all the other people before us on the waiting list. LOL

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll consider that when I have the time. Currently not putting anyone on the list because it's too far out, my estimate is 4 - 6 months. The average person takes 3 -5 days to catalog, it's the shipping time between members that slows things down.

Jim

Reactions: Zar
Back