• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

IP address issues

Roderick Spode

I am having issues with my Kaleidescape components (3U server, Terra, 2 x Strato C, M500, and m700) displaying their internal IP addresses rather than their assigned and fixed IP addresses. I am using the Unifi Dream Machine Pro and Unifi Pro Switches. The components still work but at times will have trouble reading content and it movie playback gets jumpy. It seems to be more common with the 3U server but can be any of the components. I set the IP addressed as static in the UDM Pro and in the components themselves, yet still getting the local internal IP addresses. It doesn't happen to any other clients on the LAN. I am not using VLANs or any other advanced networking. Any ideas? Is there a UDM Pro setting I need to change?

I am having issues with my Kaleidescape components (3U server, Terra, 2 x Strato C, M500, and m700) displaying their internal IP addresses rather than their assigned and fixed IP addresses. I am using the Unifi Dream Machine Pro and Unifi Pro Switches. The components still work but at times will have trouble reading content and it movie playback gets jumpy. It seems to be more common with the 3U server but can be any of the components. I set the IP addressed as static in the UDM Pro and in the components themselves, yet still getting the local internal IP addresses. It doesn't happen to any other clients on the LAN. I am not using VLANs or any other advanced networking. Any ideas? Is there a UDM Pro setting I need to change?
Tech support at K is great. Send them an email with this info and give them 24 hours or so to respond

Are you sure that it’s actually failing to use the assigned address?

I have some UniFi equipment (switches and WAPs only, I use pfsense for my router/firewall), and I will occasionally see my K equipment listed as having a 169.254.x.x address. I don’t think this is actually a problem because it’s always accessible by the 10.x.x.x address that I assigned to it. As far as I can tell, K equipment continues to use 169.254.x.x as a secondary address for discovering other components. This is how your K equipment can discover other components with a static IP in a different subnet.

The stuttering is definitely a problem, but it doesn’t sound like an IP address issue (but it could still be network related). Either way, you should talk to K. They can view some logs that might give some insight into the issue.

Rusty at Kaleidescape was very helpful. Appears that my M500 has trouble with slow connection speeds at time. Maybe it is starting to fail - hope it hangs on for a little while longer.

Back