• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

OFF-TOPIC Interested in used kaleidescope

Neotrin

I'm a quadriplegic (spinal cord injury) but I've always been into home theater. I'm in the process of updating my theater downstairs and I've heard such awesome stuff about kaleidescope!!
I'm 56 yrs old and this is my last go around.. Lol

I know the 6 terabyte version is the least expensive and I'll never own 100 4k HDR movies.
My girlfriend and family have enjoyed home theater going back to the days when I was 17yrs and then had my accident. I can recall the crt projectors and laserdiscs.. Lol.

I'm selling my old 120 inch screen, Denon x4200w and vpl55es projector.
We are trying to upgrade to a Marantz receiver, 130 inch screen and a new 4k laser projector.

If anyone can help me, let me know .

Nick Hernandez.

Welcome to the forum! I still have my laserdiscs :) It’s a fun hobby. You are right, Kaleidescape is as good as it gets and the current evolution in home video market. Jim helped me get my setup and this forum helped me a lot. You are in the right place for this.

Hey guys,
I'm just a an audio/video enthusiast like all of you and I love the whole idea of kaleidescope!
I've been a quadriplegic (spinal cord injury) since the age of 17 and here I am 56yrs old. I was an athlete about to be drafted when I had this unfortunate accident. The only reason I bring it up is I've been a movie lover since I can remember. I can tell you the day and time I saw "Star Wars" or movies like "Saving private Ryan."
I've always loved not only the movies but the theaters and the sound. Remember vhs laserdiscs and now a service that brings you 4k HDR movies that are as good or better than the actual 4k HDR disc itself with lossless Dolby Atmos to boot.

I'm here as I'm in the middle of changing my dedicated home theater. I have my Sony vpl-55es projector, 120 inch screen and Denon x4200w AVR receiver up for sale.
I just bought the marantz sr8015 receiver and I'm going with my first laser projector if I can get a good price. I'm also going to shoot it onto a 130 inch screen. I really fell in love with kaleidescope after watching several YouTube videos etc .
My budget is tight, however, and I'm curious if anyone sells their used kaleidescope equipment on here? I think 6 terabytes is plenty for me. I can't believe they discontinued the strato S.
It's all so expensive but if anyone is ever interested in selling just let me know.
I guess it is for the very wealthy and I am on a fixed income. Still, this will be my last system and if I have a few years left in me, it will be a great way to go out.. Lol My parents, brother, sister, girlfriend, nieces, nephews and friends have all experienced some great times over the years. This is the best time to be into audio/video. Kaleidescope has the right idea..
Nick

I hope I am at the right place.
New here but looking for a strato-s or c with 6 terabytes.
Thanks, shoeman

Nick, you mentioned a "strato-S or c with 6 terabytes," but keep in mind that the Strato-"C" does not have any storage capability, it is a Player only, and is used only for playback of content stored on a Terra server, or a Strato that does have storage (original Strato, or Strato-S).

Jim

Back