• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Incorrect version listed for Red Cliff

Substance

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
This is the short 148 min US cut of this film but the store shows the details and cover art for the longer 288 mins international cut. I already reported it to the support. I don’t know if they will fix the download file or the store details. Hopefully they will fix the download file so it is corrected to the two parts 288 mins international cut.

You really need the long version to fully allow for character development and sequencing in this film, I don't see how it can be fully appreciated in 148 min.

On a separate note, I'd love to see some of NHK's Japanese "Taiga" dramas in the TV side of the Store. I doubt it would happen, but they've made some incredible historical dramas over the years. Some of the better dramas were done 30 years ago, and were very accurately developed based on the known history of the characters involved. One of my grad degrees is in Japanese Business/History, and when I lived in Japan I spent most of my free time traveling to their historical sites and researching their history during some turbulent time periods. In particular, starting with the Ashikaga period (aka: Muromachi period, 1338-1573), and ending with the Tokugawa rulers in 1868. There are a lot of interesting clan interactions and politics during those periods, which makes them particularly suited for film development, and NHK did an incredible job portraying those periods, IMO.

Jim

In my downloads, it appears as two separate downloads, part I and part II. I believe Kscape messed up the metadata. The download files are for the longer international cut in two parts however the GUI incorrectly shows the short US cut details. The “play movie” bookmark is absent for part II.

That should be an easy fix.

Jim

The Content Operations team has sorted out the metadata and bookmarking issues with this title. The corrections should be in the next movie guide update that goes out to systems so anyone with this title downloaded should see the corrected data in the next day or so. I took a quick look this morning and the store data looks like it is already updated.

The Content Operations team has sorted out the metadata and bookmarking issues with this title. The corrections should be in the next movie guide update that goes out to systems so anyone with this title downloaded should see the corrected data in the next day or so. I took a quick look this morning and the store data looks like it is already updated.
I can confirm the issue has been resolved. Now the GUI shows the film in two episodes and the run time is updated to 4 hours 48 mins. Thank you for the extremely speedy fix! I have been a Kscape owner since March and loving the user experience. The support is top notch, both from my dealer (cinelife) and Kscape.

There are no information about the audio and subtitle for this title in the store.
Can someone who owns the title please provide the information?

Thanks & BR
Markus

Hi @Skynet Cinema -

Audio:
Mandarin DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1

Subtitles:
English Subtitles
English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Spanish Subtitles

Luke

Back